Upgrading from individual to family. Import hangs

kenj
kenj
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Families

I'm migrating from an individual (separate vault) 1Password 7 for Mac (i.e. no previous online 1PW login account) to 1PW family. It imported my 999 items et al but the beach ball is spinning on my imac, and 1PW7 is hung. I'm also running beta versions (if that's helpful) of the Mac 1PW

I don't want to kill it for fear that'll corrupt something. What are the next steps??

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.6
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kenj!

How long has the process been in this hanging state?

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

About 15 minutes now. The online family login appears to have completed (but I can't really tell). I expected the 1PW7 to tell me it was done. I had 999 items, 207 attachments, and 15 tags. Is there a way to tell that ALL of it made it into the cloud version of 1PW family?

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

Now on my iphone, it sees that I have a new online account and wanted me to update from my separate individual vault. It's asking about importing all the items from my iphone into the online account. However, I just did that from my iMac. I don't want to end up with 900+ duplicates....

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

Can I kill the 1PW7 process or not?? (I'm stuck and would like to fix this ASAP)

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

• kenj
    kenj
    Community Member

Given the initial fast response from support than nothing (and no way to chat with your team), I had to kill it. I'm disappointed that the only way to communicate with support is via forum or email... Most other app customer support have a chat ability and given that using your passwords is kinda important and timely, it's unfortunate that the only method of support is via slow channels.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kenj:

Is there a way to tell that ALL of it made it into the cloud version of 1PW family?

Yes, the easiest way would be to login to your account on 1Password.com in a browser. Do you see all your migrated items there?

• katy23
    katy23
    Community Member

Looking at product - did single random question review - this one. surprised to see how late response comes to assist. Is this typical of your company service?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@katy23:

We try to reply to every message within 24 hours, but we do our best to be even quicker than that, like in this discussion :+1:

This discussion has been closed.