Google-extension searches my Trash items too when look up passwords. why

Options

I can see why there would be an universal approach used for password views with search engines. But the trash can is a trash can; you put things in it that you do not want to see or use any more. True, 1PW allows these items to sit neatly in each vault, but I do not want to have them pop up as part of my search. help is appreciated.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: OS 10.15.6
Sync Type: iCould & Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Google-extension searches my Trash items too when look up passwords. why

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @kaynep ,

I'm trying to reproduce what you're describing but I don't see any search results from the trash in any of our extensions or apps.
    Can you please provide me with exact step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the situation?

• kaynep
    kaynep
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_yaron, I am so sorry. I just resolved the issue. I found that i had a duplicate in two vaults. I search in multiple vaults and there was one in the trash of one vault, and the other was in a different vault and still active. So the search engine was working correctly by pulled the one from my archive vault. I thought it was pulling a trash item. I will have to check all the vaults to see if I have any other duplicates. again, my bad...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kaynep – No worries at all! I'm glad you were able to get it figured out in the end. :)

I hope you have a great weekend.

This discussion has been closed.