1password prompted me to upgrade to 7 and now license is not working. HELP

Options
hoatmanstanford
hoatmanstanford
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I just downloaded 1Password7 for Mac and the license I've been using for years is not working anymore. I can see all my saved passwords, but when I try to use the browser extensions I get a popup telling me to Subscribe Today or use my membership to login. I have neither of those—I need the license to sync correctly...

On top of that, the new version forced me to create a new vault (??) so I now have a secondary vault with nothing in it. WHY?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password license 7

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @hoatmanstanford! Welcome to the forum!

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, so your existing license (if you purchased it for 1Password 4, 5 or 6) won't work on the latest version of the app. This is why there is no automatic upgrade to 1Password 7, and the only way to do it is to upgrade manually.

It sounds though like you did upgrade manually, but that's not what you wanted to do. Can you confirm if you would you like to upgrade to 1Password 7 or remain on 1Password 6?

• hoatmanstanford
    hoatmanstanford
    Community Member
    Options

I want back on 1P6 - but nowhere in the upgrade did it explain this. It simply said this was the latest version...very confusing. I have now deleted 1P7 and reinstalled 6 but it will not login - appears there is an issue with 1Password mini? I can't access my passwords or vault on this computer (working fine on my other devices).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@hoatmanstanford:

Thank you for the confirmation! We will be happy to help you with this. I noticed that you also sent us emails with the same question. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: XHW-31921-363

This discussion has been closed.