New Microsoft Edge Drop-down Auto-fill Problem

pascalfco
pascalfco
Community Member
edited August 2020 in 1Password in the Browser

Hello,

1Password is not able to auto-fill information within drop-down authorization panels under the final build of the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge. This used to work as intended with the alpha and beta releases of the browser.

I waited a couple of months before reporting the problem but the issue is still present as of Microsoft Edge 84.0.522.63 and 1Password 7.6.780 using 1Password Extension 4.7.5.90.

Regards,

Pascal

1Password Version: 7.6.780
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 version 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pascalfilion! Welcome to the forum!

Can you give us an example of a website where this is happening, so we can test it? Thank you!

• pascalfco
    pascalfco
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

Unfortunately the issue has been observed on a private Microsoft Outlook Web server. The drop-down UI elements are pretty rare nowadays ...

I could try and record a video of the problem if that could help.

Thanks,

Pascal

• Hey @pascalfilion, by "dropdown authorization panels", do you mean a basic authentication prompt, like here?

https://basic.fill.dev

• pascalfco
    pascalfco
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc Yes that is a good example.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pascalfilion:

Thank you for the confirmation. If I am not mistaken, the companion browser extension that you are using does not have the capability to fill into basic authentication forms, but 1Password X should work there ;)

• pascalfco
    pascalfco
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thanks for the follow-up.

Unfortunately 1Password X is a bit too confusing for my father to use.

Strangely enough this used to work under the Microsoft Edge beta. Hopefully this can be rectified in a future build of the extension.

Thanks,

Pascal

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pascalfilion:

Unfortunately 1Password X is a bit too confusing for my father to use.

Is there anything specific that he finds confusing? I would love to help if you could elaborate on what the issues are.

If using 1Password X is not an option, however, you should still be able to drag and drop credentials from 1Password to the the basic authentication form.

• pascalfco
    pascalfco
    Community Member

@ag_ana I apologize for the late reply.

I am afraid the notion of the full-blown 1Password feature set available within a web browser extension confuses him. Is the regular 1Password Chrome extension being discontinued ?

Thanks for the tip, I will try Drag and Dropping as a workaround and will be testing behaviour under 1Password X as well.

Hoping this issue can be resolved in the future!

Thanks,

Pascal

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pascalfilion:

Is the regular 1Password Chrome extension being discontinued ?

Not at all, you can download it from our downloads page :)

This discussion has been closed.