Creating an export file on Windows 10 Home Edition/Firefox 79.0

Hello, I'm 14 days into the trial, and am intending on continuing membership with 1Password. I have one vault with 267 items. I want to create an export file and am trying to do that on the 1Password that opens up in a new tab on FireFox (not the Extension, but the more robust version). The directions say "Select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking on them." However, when I do that, it does not select more than one item, iow only the current item is selected. It also says "Select all of the items by pressing Ctrl + A after clicking one of the items in the list." However, when I do that every item on the entire webpage gets highlighted, not just the logins that I want to export. Please advise. Thank you. Barbara

1Password Version: (whatever was download version 14 days ago)
Extension Version: 1.20.0
OS Version: 10.0.18362 Build 18362
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:export

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bobriensan! Welcome to the forum!

The directions say "Select multiple items by holding down the Ctrl key when clicking on them." However, when I do that, it does not select more than one item, iow only the current item is selected. It also says "Select all of the items by pressing Ctrl + A after clicking one of the items in the list."

Selecting all items like this can only be done in the 1Password for Windows desktop app. In the 1Password X browser extension you can only select one item at the time.

The instructions to export your data that you are following are for the Windows desktop app, so you will need to try them there to export your items :+1:

• bobriensan
    bobriensan
    Community Member

Thank you. Worked perfectly!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @bobriensan! I am glad to hear that :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.