Password generator with French (or other) words?

My big issue is that 1password is only supporting English words. For non-native language it's hard to remember words you never use or never heard of. That's not helping to remember passwords. I don't understand what the difficulty is in simply being able to load more word dictionaries (for example : French). I've been paying for the app for years. Now I pay a subscription (38€/year). And what are the "real" changes that are worth paying a subscription? None. I've read on the forums that you don't have time, that it's not your priority, that it's "complicated" because you can't tell which words should be banned in each language.I think it's mostly a lack of will. After all these years, you could have already started to improve the user experience in other languages. I'm not talking about the interface you've localized. I'm talking about the options for choosing a strong password in other languages. Maybe you should "finally" take into account the feedback from your international customers. The world doesn't stop at the English language.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios 13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020

Hi @Tonstef! Welcome to the forum!

that it's "complicated" because you can't tell which words should be banned in each language.

This is indeed the main challenge. I can tell you that it's already quite difficult to maintain a clean word list in English, since certain words can have different meanings when taken out of context, or depending on the background of the person reading it. Introducing a word generator in additional languages could certainly be useful to you (I understand this well since English is not my main language), but I can also understand the difficulty in monitoring several languages in addition to English.

As you correctly said, currently it's not a priority, but perhaps one day we will be able to address this too :+1:

And what are the "real" changes that are worth paying a subscription? None.

The "real" ones could be subjective, but personally I think that the main ones are automatic sync, Travel Mode, Two-Factor Authentication, 1Password X and the fact that you get all of the apps included in the price, for every platform, without needing separate license purchases. But sharing items and account recovery in Families and Business teams are also very popular features, for example, so this really depends on how you personally use 1Password :) This article has a good summary though:

About 1Password membership

This discussion has been closed.