Pin to the edge of the screen on Chrome Password x

Options

Dear Sir or Madam!

In the Safari browser, I really appreciate the ability to pin 1Password7 to the edge of the screen so that if I want to change a password, for example, the new password doesn't disappear again, but stays on the screen as long as I think it's necessary.

Now my question: why is this option not available on Chrome 1Password x, or have I overlooked a setting there?

Thanks for the answer.

Gruber Johann

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020
    Options

Hey @Johann_Gruber ,

1Password X is rather different than the Safari extension, and is limited by what the browser allows us to do. However, the reason you mentioned (so that the new password doesn't disappear), is not something that should bother you.

When you create a new password in 1Password X, it is automatically saved in the Password Generator's history, so even if you accidentally lose it, you can recover it in the history:
    1. Click the 1Password X icon on the top right corner of your browser to open 1Password.
    2. Click the big PLUS icon to reveal the menu and select the "Password Generator" (first option in the list).
    3. At the bottom of the Password Generator you'll see a "Generator History" button, where you can find all the passwords you've created.

So losing new passwords is not something that can happen with 1Password X, no need to keep the login items opened or pinned to the screen :)

If you do wish to keep that login item opened on the screen, you can still do it as follows:
    1. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser to open it.
    2. Select the login item you need.
    3. Click the "Open in a new window" button (the icon with two squares and arrow) at the bottom. That will open the login item in a new window that you can move around and keep open.

This discussion has been closed.