Cannot Delete Trash in Families on Web

wavesound
wavesound
Community Member

We have been testing 1Password for Families on the web and we ran into an annoying bug.

We created a Document on the web and uploaded a dummy PDF and after moving it to to the trash, there is no Empty Trash option when we got to this step:

"To delete the items in the Trash, select Trash in the sidebar and click Empty Trash."

https://support.1password.com/1password-com-items/

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1Password for Families

Comments

• Hi @wavesound

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble finding how to empty the trash. I took a screenshot that highlights where this option is:

Do you see the button in that location when logged into your account? Please let me know.

Ben

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Hi @Ben ,

We tested this with a few clients but those two buttons do not appear. You can see my screenshot attached.

• Thank you for the screenshot. That is very helpful. It appears you are in the 'All Vaults' view. To empty the trash you need to select a specific vault instead. I apologize that was not made more clear. I'll speak with our documentation team and see if we can add a note about that.

Ben

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Hi Ben,

That’s good to hear. I think a Web UI hint would be more helpful. Is there a reason why we cannot empty the trash in All Vaults?

• @wavesound

Is there a reason why we cannot empty the trash in All Vaults?

That's a fair question. The desktop apps (e.g. 1Password for Mac) can do it, so it seems it should be technically possible. I see we have an open feature request for that, and I'll be sure to add your voice to it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.