How to restart login

chalkiau
chalkiau
Community Member

On my iPhone I normally log in using facial recognition. Then when not well and half asleep I used up all my facial recognition chances and the password was required. Even with the hint I can’t remember the correct password (I may have extended it to make it safer). Is there any way to go back to facial recognition? Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Hi @chalkiau

Unlocking 1Password using Face ID relies on a secret being stored in the iOS keychain. When unlocking via Face ID fails or times out this secret is removed. The only way to put the secret back is to unlock using the correct Master Password. You are not limited on the number of attempts you can make, and that would be the only way to unlock, so I'd recommend continuing to try to recall what you set for a Master Password.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• chalkiau
    chalkiau
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply.

• You're very welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• chalkiau
    chalkiau
    Community Member

After trying pages of possible passwords over several days, in desperation I prayed to Jesus and 20 minutes later the password just came to me when I wasn’t even trying to think of it. Most people would say it was a coincidence but I am very thankful

• @chalkiau

You may want to look into recording the Master Password and storing it someplace safe. If it happens that you cannot recall it in the future. I keep mine stored in a fireproof safe.

• I'm very glad to hear you were able to remember it. If you have a 1Password membership, the Emergency Kit may be able to help facilitate storing your credentials somewhere safe as Tommy mentioned:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

Ben

This discussion has been closed.