My primary vault is not present on my Mac

kakil
kakil
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Mac

On my iOS devices I have a 3 vaults: Personal, Team, and Primary.

Under my Team Vault I have Personal and Team. On iCloud I have Primary.

On iOS the Primary vault is synced between my iPhones and iPads. However on my Mac there is no Primary vault.

On my Mac I only have 2 vaults: Personal and Team.

How do I get my Primary vault from 1Password on my iOS devices and iCloud to my Mac?

iOS Version: 7.6.2
Mac Version: 7.7.BETA-5 (70700005)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @kakil

I'd be happy to help with that. We generally don't recommend using 'standalone' vaults anymore, which 'Primary' is. Is the 'Primary' vault the container for your personal items, whereas 'Personal' and 'Team' are part of a business-owned membership? I'd like to better understand the setup so that I can recommend the best path forward. Thanks!

Ben

• kakil
    kakil
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your help. The Primary and Personal vaults are mine. The Team vault is a vault that I setup to share important information with my family. So the Team is comprised of my wife and kids.

I have about 2000 more entries in my Primary vault on my iOS devices than I have on my Personal vault on my Mac. A lot of the logins that are being updated on my iOS devices are not getting updated on my Mac. So I'd like to figure out how to somehow get the Personal and Primary vaults in sync or get the Primary vault over to my Mac.

• Gotcha, thanks. In 1Password for iOS on the iPhone please select Settings > Advanced > Migrate Data to Your Account: that'll combine the entries from the Primary vault into Personal, and remove Primary, which is the recommended setup. From that point on 1Password for iOS will unlock with your 1Password account password instead of the password for the Primary vault.

Ben

• kakil
    kakil
    Community Member

Hi, I selected "Migrate Data to Your Account" in iOS. When I did that it takes me to the "Migrate Data to Your Account" screen. I see "Add Account >". When I select "Add Account >" it takes me to the "Accounts" screen. There I see "Add Existing Account >" and a section labeled "Your Accounts" under this section I see "Akil Team". When I select "Akil Team" it takes me to the Akil Team screen. I'm already signed in. Is there anything else I need to do?

• Thanks @kakil. When completed you shouldn't have a 'Primary' vault on any devices. Is that the case now?

Ben

• kakil
    kakil
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

On iOS devices I still have the Primary vault listed, and the Mac still doesn’t have the same info as the iOS devices.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2020

I'm sorry to hear that @kakil. I'm not sure why the instructions I originally provided are not achieving the desired effect. I'm checking with the team on that. In the mean time it should be possible to do this another way. You can move the contents of the Primary vault to the Personal vault using these instructions:

Move and copy items

Then you can delete the Primary vault on the iOS devices:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices (if you are already signed in you can skip step 1)

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• kakil
    kakil
    Community Member

Hi Ben, thanks so much for your help. The "Move and Copy Items" worked. I deleted the Primary vault and everything seems to be in place. I appreciate the help.

• Excellent. Thanks for the update @kakil, and I'm sorry for the hiccup along the way. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.