Append Password Recovery Info to Existing Entry

Options
kappabear
kappabear
Community Member

Hi there,

Is there anyway to update an existing password entry, with newly entered data on a website? Example, I have a 1Password entry for eBay, and they've requested that I enter password recovery information (Favorite color, Height, Best friend's middle name, or whatever) and the responses. I'd like to append the questions and answer to my existing entry, but didn't see an option to do so.

Cheers

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @kappabear

It would be possible to edit the existing item and then use custom sections to record this information. We have a guide that may be of help in doing that available here:

Customize your 1Password items

I hope that helps!

Ben

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben, thanks, but I was hoping that 1P would do it automatically. I'm aware of how to manually create the fields myself.

• Ben
    Options

@kappabear

We don't currently have an automated way to create custom fields. It may be possible to have 1Password capture this information as the raw form fields, but that isn't likely to be what you're looking for here. Perhaps that is something we can look at handling in a more automated way in the future. :+1: Thanks!

Ben

• kappabear
    kappabear
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ben, it's been my experience that 1P captures this information for new entries, so I was hoping that there was a possibility for it to happen as an update to the existing info. Oh well.

Cheers

• Ben
    Options

@kappabear

One thing you could try and see if it produces the results you want would be to fill out the form, open 1Password mini, select the gear icon, and then select save login. From there, switch to the update tab, select the item you want to update, and then save. I would recommend making a duplicate of the original item before attempting this in case it doesn't produce the desired result. This feature was primarily designed to handle password changes, but it may capture the information you're looking for.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.