Unlock with Watch when in clamshell

Options
flipphillips
flipphillips
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I see from various posts here and there that Open via Apple Watch has a spotty performance (understandable) so if this is just related to that please ignore.

I use my MacBook in clamshell mode frequently, especially at work. For whatever reason, I am never prompted to unlock with my watch when it is shut. It would be an especially nice feature to do so?

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: your cloud

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @flipphillips

This should be possible currently. Do you have unlocking with Apple Watch turned on in 1Password > Preferences > Security?

If so you should get a prompt like this on your Apple Watch when you open 1Password's unlock screen:

Please let me know.

Ben

• flipphillips
    flipphillips
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Ben. Egg on my face — I have two machines that I use regularly and, sure enough, the one I thought had checked the watch-auth on was in fact the 'other' machine. I have verified it works well on my iMac Pro, for what it's worth. Sorry for the false alarm.

• Egg on your face may not be all bad, @flipphillips. After all, if you live anywhere near my neck of the woods, you can just walk outside for a bit and boom! Breakfast. :wink: Anyway, not to worry. I'm glad it's working and I'm sure Ben is happy to hear it too. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.