One Time Password - Larger display or separate list

Options
austinriggs
austinriggs
Community Member

Hello,

I have been using 1password for quite some time and I love it. One thing I would love to see are the one time passwords more front and center and easier to access, especially on the favorites page. It would be nice to login to 1 password and just have the one time passwords displayed on the line in larger font for quick easy access. I’ve seen other one time password managers and that is one feature that I really like (not enough to leave 1password but this would be a major usability improvement.

Thanks for everything you all do!

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @austinriggs

Thanks for the feedback on this. We've looked at adding another tab for logins that have TOTP fields, but at least when we last looked we were still supporting devices with screens where another tab wouldn't fit. I'll add it to the list for a future brainstorming session to take another look at this and see if we're still restricted in that way. At present, the way I address this is to add a 'TOTP' tag to any items I add TOTP on. Then I can access them fairly quickly by tapping Tags > TOTP.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• austinriggs
    austinriggs
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Ben,

Thanks for the tags option. I hadn’t thought of that. I had been putting the ones I use more on favorites. Maybe add a 2nd line within the favorites list only that contains the OTP visibly if it’s marked as a favorite? Just a thought.

• Ben
    Options

@austinriggs

Glad to hear tags may help. :) As for favorites, we do have such a second line. If you tap on the item in favorites it'll reveal the second line, and you can swipe left to reveal the OTP.

Ben

• austinriggs
    austinriggs
    Community Member
    Options

I know that. It was more of a “leave the otp showing always”. I login to 6 different systems multiple times a day, so tapping and swiping is fine but not as ideal as just showing the otp in the list.

• Ben
    Options

I see; thanks for the suggestion. :) That may be something we can consider for the future. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.