I need help logging- Ive forgotten my password and dont have my secret key anymore

Options
darbyhebert
darbyhebert
Community Member

I no onger have my secert key and forgot my password- there isnt a good support to contact anyone to get futher support.. Does anyone know how to get thru this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I need help logging- Ive forgotten my password and dont have my secret key anymore

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @darbyhebert

I'm sorry to hear about the situation. Without those two items it would not be possible to access the data in 1Password, but we have information about how to troubleshoot available here:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over

If ultimately you cannot come up with the Master Password and Secret Key the only recourse would be to delete the account and start over (which would require you have access to the email address on file). If you find yourself in that situation, and there is credit remaining on the account, our billing team can help you move that over to a new account. They can be reached at support@1password.com.

To avoid this situation in the future I'd highly recommend printing a copy of your Emergency Kit, writing in your Master Password, and storing it someplace safe such as a bank deposit box or fire safe. Additional details about the Emergency Kit can be found here:

Get to know your Emergency Kit

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.