Can't install Chrome 1P7 extension

Options
JetForMe
JetForMe
Community Member

I don't seem to be able to get the extension installed in Chrome. Everything is fine in Safari, but when I visit this page to install the extension in Chrome:

And I click on the "Install" button for Chrome, I get a 404 (the URL is: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk).

If I try searching for it in the store (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/1password), clicking on any of the options results in this error:

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @JetForMe,

Oddly the link you provided does not work for me either, but when I go to the downloads page and click the 'Install' link for Chrome it works:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/1password-extension-deskt/aomjjhallfgjeglblehebfpbcfeobpgk

It looks like the same exact link. I suppose it is possible that the Chrome Web Store is having a brain fart this morning? In any event, I'd recommend giving it another try... Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• JetForMe
    JetForMe
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah that worked, although I installed it and 1Password still didn't think it was installed. So I quit & relaunched Chrome, and then it had NO extensions installed. So I installed it again, and now it knows it's installed, but it doesn't work. That is, I can't do Command-. It takes several seconds before 1P opens the menu, and it doesn't just fill the contents, although it does pre-select the right password. If I then click Autofill, nothing happens. Clicking in the username field (of video.ui.com) causes a popup menu under the field with three entries. Not sure who's creating that menu, but I don't like it.

I don't normally use Chrome, but for this website I have to. I don't have it storing any passwords, afaik.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JetForMe:

Clicking in the username field (of video.ui.com) causes a popup menu under the field with three entries. Not sure who's creating that menu, but I don't like it.

Can you confirm what version of the 1Password extension you have installed? The behavior you are describing is the one for 1Password X, rather than of the companion browser extension it looks like you wanted to install.

• JetForMe
    JetForMe
    Community Member
    Options

Once again, I had to install the extension. It was just gone from Chrome. I hit command-\ and the 1P menu popped open with a button to install the extension. Clicking that leads to a page with a few options, so a I click on the Chrome one. It installs fine, by all indications, but 1P still doesn't think it's installed (do I have to quit and relaunch?).

I have 1Password 7
    Version 7.6 (70600005)
    1Password Store

Installed on my Mac, and this is what Chrome says:

• Ben
    Options

@JetForMe,

I'm sorry to hear you're continuing to have difficulties with 1Password in Chrome. If the extension keeps 'disappearing' from Chrome that would seemingly indicate some sort of problem with/in your Chrome profile. It may be worth trying a new profile, and seeing if the problem persists there. Google has a guide on how to manage profiles in Chrome here:

Share Chrome with others - Computer - Google Chrome Help

I hit command-\ and the 1P menu popped open with a button to install the extension.

There are a few different things that can cause this, including Chrome being in the process of installing an update (it doesn't finish updating until Chrome is quit and relaunched). We have troubleshooting tips for this situation available here:

If you see “install the 1Password extension” in a browser where the extension is already installed

Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• JetForMe
    JetForMe
    Community Member
    Options

Well, that's the least of my problems. The real problem is 1P doesn't seem to see the extension even when it's installed.

• JetForMe
    JetForMe
    Community Member
    Options

I stand corrected: Seems relaunching Chrome fixed it.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @JetForMe. I suspect you may have run into this:

There are a few different things that can cause this, including Chrome being in the process of installing an update (it doesn't finish updating until Chrome is quit and relaunched).

Glad to hear relaunching Chrome did the trick. :+1: If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.