1Password has stopped recognising my master PW on my iPhone.

IanLancaster
IanLancaster
Community Member

It's OK on my MacBook, but no longer on my phone, and the phone no longer offers Face ID. Help!
Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.6 (on Mac)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.2
Sync Type: cable
Referrer: forum-search:Master password not recognised on phone

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2020

@lanLancaster

This sounds as if you may have had a Primary vault on the Phone, which is an older vault, not associated with a membership. Often people move to a 1Password.com membership they accidentally leave a Primary vault attached to a device. Have you moved to membership, and if so, have you tried any previous Master Passwords that you may have used?

• IanLancaster
    IanLancaster
    Community Member

Thanks for the thought, ag-tommy. I became a "member" about 8-9 months ago and have had no prob since then. Only in the last several days. So I have just tried your suggestion and 1Password opened on my phone ! 🙂 So what do I do now? Why did it stop recognising my current password and how do I revert/restore/get back to how it was?

• @lanLancater

It sounds like we will want to take a more in-depth look at the issue. Could you create a diagnostics report and email it to us?

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. lanLancater
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115498/1password-has-stopped-recognising-my-master-pw-on-my-iphone#latest

Once we receive the report, you will, in turn, receive an auto-reply from BitBot, our friendly auto-responder. Please post the Ticket ID you receive back here.

Thank you,

• ianfb
    ianfb
    Community Member

I have the same issue , unchanged master password will not open the iphone app but will open the iPad app . I have been using this for years since buying it and have not changed to the membership version . Suggestions welcome

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ianfb:

Thank you for the update. Have you sent us a diagnostics report as well?

• ianfb
    ianfb
    Community Member

Yes I have now

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ianfb:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: ACG-77541-314

• slightly_annoyed
    slightly_annoyed
    Community Member

I am having this same issue. I've submitted a diagnostic report too - commenting here for awareness.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @slightly_annoyed, I have found your message :+1:

ref: UTS-77691-274

This discussion has been closed.