To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Suggestion to specify supported hardware key type

David1PSince2015
David1PSince2015
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Memberships

This definition is not clear what standard you support except "small physical device" which is lame definition. I bought two of those "small physical device" called Thetis and you don't support, great. Please fix it, be specifc in definition. Love your product, for 5 year, let's make it better.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @David1PSince2015

Thanks for sharing your experience here. To use a Security Key with the web app (https://start.1password.com) the key ingredient is U2F. I'm not aware of any restrictions beyond that, but if you find your keys support U2F but do not work on 1Password.com please let me know so we can investigate further. We do go into more detail, including which keys work with which client apps on this support page:

Use your U2F security key as a second factor for your 1Password account

For example only the YubiKey 5 NFC or YubiKey 5Ci work with 1Password for iOS. I will suggest to the team that we add a link to this support guide on the setup page you've posted the screenshot of. Hopefully if we can do that, that'll help clarify.

Ben

• David1PSince2015
    David1PSince2015
    Community Member

Apparently it was issue with the browser, i was able to add Thetis. Thank you.

• Glad to hear that sorted it out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.