Feature Request: Silence reused password for legitimate cases

Options
theoriginalbit
theoriginalbit
Community Member

I know this is possibly super niche, and maybe there is a better solution to the problem. But I would like to silence the reused password warning in legitimate cases as I do have a scenario where I need to have two separate listings in 1Password for what is handled as the same account.

Use case:
I live in Australia, we have a local sport AFL. I have a club membership for a team which has an associated login.
When I login to the club's website I must login with my membership number (e.g. 1234567) and a password.
However when purchasing tickets to go see my club play, I must login to an Australian ticketing company's website, TicketMaster. This website requires I enter my email and a password.
Both passwords above are identical as they're backed by the same account on an external system; if I change the password for one account, I need to use the new password with the other account.

Another thought I had is perhaps some way to specify that the accounts are linked—password in a separate item with the various username/website combo item linked back to the password item—this could have the benefit of silencing the reused password, but could also have an added benefit of keeping the two passwords in sync; since if I update one in 1Password, I've got to make sure I go and change the other otherwise I might fail to login next time and not realise why…then go and reset the password 🤦‍♂️

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11
Sync Type: my.1password.com

Comments

• ag_matthew
    ag_matthew
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @theoriginalbit,

I understand your frustration here - this has been asked for previously, more than once, and we have been having internal discussions about it.

We would often recommend having a single item inside 1Password, containing all the websites which used the shared credential - but in this case, you have different usernames for both websites.

I'm sorry I can't give you a better answer, other than "yes, we hear you".

• theoriginalbit
    theoriginalbit
    Community Member
    Options

No worries. I'm glad it's at least something being discussed.

• Ben
    Options

:+1: :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.