Option to create a new password with user defined complexity

So i have been a user of LastPass for 6 years. Thought i would try 1Password out since i am about to have to renew. BUT the inability to use a built in password generator and to grab it easily is the MAJOR flaw with this software. I don't believe in using like characters (1,l or o,0) so not being able to throw a switch is a MAJOR issue. This software is NOT ready for prime time and is only good for grandma and grandpa to easily save a few passwords. I will check back and see if/when 1Password decides to join the big boys and offer the main reason of having this type of software - the ability to create a secure password and then save it in a safe and secure way quickly. In some ways this product is almost superior than LastPass but it keeps missing that little thing that would make me switch. Even free options include a password generator. What is 1Password thinking? What if the site only allows 8 characters and no symbols, what if i want 25 characters with no caps and symbols?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there, @hebertdp. Welcome to the forum, and thanks for giving 1Password a look. 1Password X does indeed have a full-featured password generator, as you are inquiring about:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/#create-a-custom-password

In regards to ambiguous characters like 1 and I, these just aren't included in the generator. The very slight increase in entropy a couple extra characters in the character set would bring isn't really beneficial enough to outweigh the confusion that these ambiguous characters might cause in the first place, so rather than have an option, we've opted not to include them.

Let us know if there are any other concerns we can address to help you make the transition. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.