Three-field autofill broken for some websites?

Hi all,
I've looked through some previous posts and their extensive comments on this forum already about a three-field login, but I'm still having some issues. I've tried creating a login manually and can even see that the third field is being saved in the 'Saved Form Details' section, but it won't be autofilled under any circumstance. I've tried the latest 1Password stable and beta builds and they both have the same behaviour.

I think it's worth referencing the site as this may help: dashboard.dealersolutions.com.au

The 'Client Number' field is the field not being autofilled.

Thanks
Nick

1Password Version: 7.7-BETA-4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Three field autofill

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020

Hi @nickhass!

Thank you for reporting this! I was able to reproduce this issue on my machine, so I will open an internal issue so that the developers can look at this and see if there is anything we can do :)

ref: dev/core/core#2533

• nickhass
    nickhass
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana !

Is it a possibility that this happening because of the way this client number log in field is coded on the website? I've noticed that the way the field is coded to store data is a little unconventional relative to the other login fields.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nickhass:

Yes, that's possible :+1:

• ag_jarek
    edited August 2020

Hi @nickhass!

Swinging by to let you know that this will be all fixed up for ya in a future release, we actually just recently made an improvement for how we handle the type of field that the 'Client Number' field happens to be here. I gave it a test with the changes and it works great now.

Look out for the fix in a future release of 1Password! :smile:

• nickhass
    nickhass
    Community Member

That’s awesome news, thanks for the update @ag_jarek !

• @nickhass,

I believe that change is out in 7.7.BETA-6, if you're able to confirm.

• nickhass
    nickhass
    Community Member

thanks @rudy, I just updated and checked. I had to delete the old saved login and create a new one by manually filling in the form details on the site and saving from the in-line menu, but it's now working which is great news! Thanks for this!

• Thanks for confirming for us, @nickhass. On behalf of Rudy and Jarek, you're very welcome. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.