How to identify logins that are 2FA-capable?

LarryMcJ
LarryMcJ
Community Member
edited August 2020 in Mac

Quite some time ago I turned off the notice at the top of 2FA-capable logins because it was distracting. Now I've decided to enable 2FA on some logins. Is there a way to reset this so I can see which of my many logins are 2FA-capable?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 7.6
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• @LarryMcJ

It sounds as if you are looking for "Check for two-factor authentication" in the Watchtower settings of Preferences.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Hey, Tommy! That's where it would normally be, but now the 2FA section of Watchtower displays "Watchtower did not find any login items missing two-factor authentication." As I mentioned, on each login that has 2FA available, there's a banner that you can turn off. I used to have about 20 logins displaying this banner, but I turned each one off. Hopefully, there's something, somewhere that can be toggled to display these again. I tried reinstalling 1Password, but that didn't help. The sites still offer 2FA, but I just turned off the notifications and can't figure out how to turn them on again. Thanks, and hope you're doing well.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2020

👋 Ah, thanks, Larry.

I think I understand now, my apologies.

Search for items tagged with "2FA". That's what get's added to the item to prohibit the banner from displaying. You would need to remove the tag from the item to have that banner show again.

Yes, I am doing well and yourself? It's nice to see someone who's been around as long or longer than myself, here in the forum.

• LarryMcJ
    LarryMcJ
    Community Member

Thanks so much, Tommy! I'm not a big tag user, so I never thought to look there, but sure enough...they're all listed. In fact, I think I'll just keep it like this as I only want to use 2FA on a few of them and this will keep the obtrusive (but necessary) banner from displaying. BTW, if logins that currently do not offer 2FA change and offer it, will Watchtower start displaying that banner automatically?

The beginning of this 1Password ride seems like a long time ago...back to the old "1P" days probably 15 years ago. Thanks for providing support all this time! Stay safe in this pandemic neither of us thought we'd ever live to see.

• ag_tommy
    edited August 2020

@LarryMcJ

Yes, as new sites offer 2FA, Watchtower will notify you.

https://blog.1password.com/announcing-watchtower-notifications/

Indeed, I never thought I would see this age we are now living in.

This discussion has been closed.