trigger Unlocking inside of a website doesn't proper work (MacOS BigSur)

telephoneman2
telephoneman2
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When I unlock 1PW inside of a website the 1PW app opens and asks to unlock, but the website is keep saying (not unlocked) - I need to reload the website first before it notices the unlock state of 1 Password

Click flow

Prerequisite: 1Password is locked
-Load a website with a login credential

• find the shiny new unlock option right under the login field
  • click unlock (1Passwords ask to enter Master password or TouchID)
  • enter password/touch ID -->1PW is unlocked
    Issue: window under the credential field still says please unlock, but it is (also if I enter CMD#) it fills in the data

1Password Version: 7.7 BETA 5
Extension Version: 7.7 BETA 5
OS Version: 20A5354i (BigSur)
Sync Type: 1Password.eu

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2020

Hi @telephoneman2! Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for reporting this! I was able to reproduce this issue on my machine. I will open an internal issue so that the developers can look at this :)

ref: dev/apple/issues#4957

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member

One more thing to add: after reload the page after unlock, then it works. But not without reload

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed @telephoneman2, that is my experience as well :+1:

• mikeormerod
    mikeormerod
    Community Member

Yep, I'm seeing the same.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @mikeormerod :+1:

• amer_mahmud
    amer_mahmud
    Community Member

I am seeing the same on macOS Catalina

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update as well @amer_mahmud, our developers are now aware of this :+1:

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

Just came here to report the same issue, and I'm on macOS Mojave 10.14.6 with Safari 13.1.2 if that has any relevance.

• odysseus
    odysseus
    Community Member

Hopefully this can be fixed ASAP?

• Thanks folks. This is on the radar. :+1:

Ben

• ersan191
    ersan191
    Community Member

Same here - Side note: I know Safari inline is buggy as all hell but if you pull it completely like with 1PWX App Integration I'm gonna be bummed. I would rather it half-works like it does now than not have it at all.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

Doesn't appear to be fixed in BETA-6 which just came out. :-(

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Also running macOS Big Sur Beta 6, and I'm seeing what I believe is the same issue.

Screenmovie of the problem: https://app.box.com/s/6b3k8n8h4et82iiy5jyjdwdeao9tciyx

• thymaraK
    thymaraK
    Community Member

Not sure if this is the same issue as others have. 1PW shows locked and no way to unlock. Works OK in other browsers but not Safari Version 13.1.2 (15609.3.5.1.3)

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• @thymaraK,

It is the same issue.

• GuyFinley
    GuyFinley
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

In the last beta version, I had a persistent issue where the Safari extension wouldn't unlock 1Password, I always had to unlock in the app. This persists in this beta.

Now it won't fill in fields at all in the latest beta version. I've tried restarting Safari with the same result. Anything else I should try?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6x5cg0jnnl1cw7n/Screen Recording 2020-08-28 at 9.52.20 AM.mov?dl=0

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-6
    Extension Version: 7.7BETA-6
    OS Version: 10.15.6
    Sync Type: 1Password Cloud

• @GuyFinley,

can you give 7.7.BETA-7 a try?

• GuyFinley
    GuyFinley
    Community Member

@rudy - both appear fixed now, thanks!

• @GuyFinley,

Thanks for the update. :) :+1:

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Seems good here, too. Thanks!

• Thanks for letting us know, @HFTobeason. Glad to hear the changes in beta 7 seem to be helping. :+1:

Ben

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

This initially worked with beta 7 but is no longer working again. 1Password recognizes the current web page in Safari (shows the appropriate login) but the AutoFill button does nothing and the inline popup shows the "Unlock 1Password" button. Best I can do is drag and drop my username/password out of the window. I am using macOS 10.14.6.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nriley:

I see from your other comment here that you managed to resolve this :+1: Thank you for the update!

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Unfortunately it just happened again. This time I was able to pop up the menu of passwords using the button in the field on the web page but cilcking on an entry did not fill it. Here's an example (the blank areas are personal information I removed):

In the Safari console I see:

Again, restarting Safari and 1Password completely restored functionality, but this is not a long-term solution.

Hope this helps figure out the problem! This is very frustrating…

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nriley:

This time I was able to pop up the menu of passwords using the button in the field on the web page but cilcking on an entry did not fill it.

Can you please share the URL where this happened? I would like to test this on the same website to make sure we are using the exact same environment.

Hope this helps figure out the problem! This is very frustrating…

Thank you! Indeed, this is the beta channel, so if things worked all the time, it would be weird :) May I suggest you switch to the stable channel if you find these things too frustrating? We certainly don't want you to feel like this when using 1Password.

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member

Sure! The URL was https://ebank.busey.com/login. And good point about the beta channel.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

Failing again for me, too. Just now it happened on https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/mydmv. Clicking the 1P inline icon pops up the "Unlock 1Password" dialog, but then no amount of clicking the button does anything.
    Also - clicking the 1P extension icon has no effect, though clicking the 1P Menu Bar icon does work.

1Password 7 Version 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007)
    Safari Release 112 (Safari 14.0, WebKit 16610.1.25.5.1)
    macOS Big Sur Beta 11.0 Beta (20A5354i)

• telephoneman2
    telephoneman2
    Community Member

For me it works in Beta 7.7 now

• @nriley,

I'm going to revert the release notes change that implied that this update fixed the "it shows as locked" in all cases, it only fixes it in 1 very specific case that was introduced between beta 4 and 5.

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member

@rudy — Thanks. I have gone back to the release version for now but if I can do anything to help reproduce/troubleshoot I can reinstall the beta; let me know.

This discussion has been closed.