Safari inline shows as locked.

This discussion was created from comments split from: 7.7 beta 3 on Mac--locking itself inappropriately.

Comments

• ersan191
    ersan191
    Community Member

I have noticed that 1Password will at first show up as locked when you highlight a form fill field in Safari - it seems there's some sort of startup time (about 15 seconds) before it knows that is is unlocked and starts functioning.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member

yes

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

Hi, thanks for your reports. We are aware of an issue where sometimes the main app has troubles communicating with the Inline Menu if the extension process was recently launched by Safari. It ultimately shows the Inline Menu as locked, while the main app is unlocked.
    We're working with Apple to get this fixed, but we don't have a timeline for this.

At the moment, the only workaround is to reload the page where 1Password shows up as locked (you might lose what you typed in the fields).

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member

I have a similar problem, but sometimes, even refreshing the page won't fix it. I found I have to completely quit 1Password and quit Safari. Once I reopen them both and unlock 1Password, everything is fine again - for a while. It seems to come back intermittently. I'm running macOS Catalina 10.15.6.

• Thanks for the additional report @GadgetComa. I'll let the team know there are also cases where a relaunch of Safari is necessary to resolve the issue.

Ben

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member

I just received a new beta that mentions the issue. I'll keep an eye out to see if it addresses my unique variant of the problem. (It's so nice to be special. ;)

• :+1: :chuffed:

• nriley
    nriley
    Community Member

This is still happening in beta 7. I was able to relaunch both Safari and 1Password (after "quit 1Password completely") and restore functionality.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @nriley! Definitely let us know if this happens again even after you relaunched 1Password and Safari :+1:

• GadgetComa
    GadgetComa
    Community Member

I am still seeing this behavior also. It does seem to happen less often, but on at least one site so far (https://oldgods.net/habitica/cTheDragons/group.html#toc_MemberBreakdown_overview), I had to completely quit 1password to get it working again.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@GadgetComa:

Thank you for the update! This should be fixed once and for all in one of the next betas :+1:

This discussion has been closed.