Problems with Beta 7

This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 7 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007).

Comments

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member

This version is so far the worst I've seen during testing beta 7.7. I'm using Big Sur beta 5 and these are here are a few issues that I have:

• Unlocking 1Password doesn't work with the inline 1Password extension. It just doesn't unlock (also noticed in pervious betas);
    • 1Password extension has a realy bas layout in the password items list (left) with beta 7.7-7;
    • After unlocking autofill doesn't work at all. Not for the extension and not for inline;
    • Inline it just doesn't work since beta 7.7-6. Previous version worked correctly;
    • When updating a password with the inline version it doesn't ask to save the password for the website. Which results in a incorrect password (still the old one) in 1Password.

I now use 1Password (application) and drag and drop to make it kind of work.

• thymaraK
    thymaraK
    Community Member

I'm using Big Sur beta 11. The unlocking problem in Safari, at least for me, has been fixed. There are a number of minor annoyances in other browsers, things like not finding the login that matches the current url, but all are handleable

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @martinvandiemen!

Unlocking 1Password doesn't work with the inline 1Password extension. It just doesn't unlock (also noticed in pervious betas);

Does the 1Password inline menu unlock if you refresh the page in the browser?

1Password extension has a realy bas layout in the password items list (left) with beta 7.7-7;

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

After unlocking autofill doesn't work at all. Not for the extension and not for inline;

Is this happening on every website, or just on specific ones?

When updating a password with the inline version it doesn't ask to save the password for the website. Which results in a incorrect password (still the old one) in 1Password.

Same question as the previous item :)

Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @thymaraK!

things like not finding the login that matches the current url

I noticed you mentioned "other browsers": in which browser is this happening? And in which browser is it working?

• thymaraK
    thymaraK
    Community Member

When using ⌥\ to open I get sporadic results (all of which can be mitigated, just requires extra keystrokes) using:

• Chrome - wallstreet.io tends to ignore the first attempt and works on the 2nd (not repeatable)
    • Brave - need to invoke password mini from right click
    • Opera - need to invoke password mini from right click

Safari, my default browser, now works, no 'locked' confusion
    FireFox works
    Microsoft Edge works great with
    Chrome also works with 1Password X

• thymaraK
    thymaraK
    Community Member

Worked yesterday in Safari, today it has reverted to locked or, worse, it has impacted Spotlight in that one of my most used logins which always is 1st in the list is not in the spotlight list at all. Even more annoying is that my default browser, Safari, no longer gets the open and fill request

• bdavies
    bdavies
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue with Safari on Beta 7 as thymaraK. Doesn't unlock at all from within Safari and cannot autofill when I open 1Password from either the toolbar, within Safari (it does unlock though), or from 1Password from the Menu Bar, or application. Running macOS 10.15.6.

Cmd+\ and autofill work as expected in Firefox, Chrome (both up-to-date).

Cmd+\ doesn't work in Edge, but that appears to be due more to the stupid behavior of Edge's 1Password extension that doesn't appear to recognize Cmd+\ as a valid command, and asks me to install a non-existent 1Password extension. But, the installed 1Password extension from the Microsoft Store does allow me to use 1Password from the icon in the login box on pages.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@thymaraK:

Worked yesterday in Safari, today it has reverted to locked

The latest beta addressed just one of the possible causes of this, unfortunately the complete fix for this will come in a later beta version.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bdavies:

Cmd+\ doesn't work in Edge, but that appears to be due more to the stupid behavior of Edge's 1Password extension that doesn't appear to recognize Cmd+\ as a valid command, and asks me to install a non-existent 1Password extension.

What version of the 1Password browser extension do you have installed in Chrome?

• bdavies
    bdavies
    Community Member

4.7.5.90 on Chrome, installed from AgileBits.

1Password X, version 1.20.0 installed the Microsoft Store on Edge, since there's no direct extension for Edge.

• snozdop
    snozdop
    Community Member

On macOS Mojave 10.14.6 with Safari 13.1.2 this latest beta 7 is completely broken making 1PW almost useless in Safari.

1. Can't unlock from the inline menu at all, on any website.
    2. Can't autofill on any website from either the toolbar menu or the inline menu. Refreshing the page, quitting and reloading the app, turning off/on the extension does nothing to fix it. I have to tediously copy and paste usernames and passwords from the app.

I've no idea how this version was released. At least previous betas were useable, if somewhat buggy in places.

• @snozdop,

You'll want to update to beta 8.

• @bdavies,

1Password X no longer has a direct interface with the 1Password for Mac betas, see: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115228/temporarily-removing-desktop-app-integration#latest

• bdavies
    bdavies
    Community Member

@rudy

Which doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but it would be lovely if AgileBits actually had an extension for Edge.

The disconnect between 1Password X and the Mac betas isn't a huge deal with me since I generally only use Edge for sites that fail to work properly with Safari, but it would be nice to have an officially supported, even if only a beta, extension

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bdavies:

We have a 1Password extension for Edge, I think it's the one you are referring to. You can find the link to it on our downloads page. If you click on the Edge icon, you will be brought to the Chrome store, but since the new Edge supports Chrome extensions, you can use the official extension even in Edge :+1:

• bdavies
    bdavies
    Community Member

@ag_ana

So you do!

There is a bad/outdated webpage/weblink on the main AgileBits page though. Going from Microsoft Edge on Mac to the AgileBits main page -> Browser extensions link on the bottom of the page takes you to a page which shows extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Brave, and Safari. Edge is not listed on this page.

The extension does show on the link you provided, and installs and works perfectly on Edge for Mac, but that downloads page is for Windows. Edge is a cross platform browser and should show as an available extension on both Mac and Windows.

• @bdavies

Edge is built on Chromium, and uses Chrome extensions. The Chrome install link on the page in your screenshot will take you to the right place. I'll talk to our web team and see if perhaps we can clarify that on our page.

Thanks!

Ben

• bdavies
    bdavies
    Community Member

@Ben

I've got the right extension now, but some clarity on the Mac page would be nice too. Brave is called out separately, and it's also a Chromium-based browser so it seems like Edge should get it's own acknowledgement or all three should be lumped under a "Chromium-based Browsers" listing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thanks again for the feedback @bdavies, I agree :)

• martinvandiemen
    martinvandiemen
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana,

With the release of beta 8 many issues I've posted have been resolved, thanks. Still issues I'm having:

• 1Password extension has a bad layout in the password items list (left) with beta 7.7. Also not the location bar which has a bad UI;

• When updating a password with the inline version it doesn't ask to save the password for the website. Which results in an incorrect password (still the old one) in 1Password. This happens on every website.

I'm on macOS Big Sur beta 7 and Safari 14.0.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@martinvandiemen:

With the release of beta 8 many issues I've posted have been resolved, thanks.

That's great to hear :)

I do not see the layout issues that you show in your screenshots however. Can you please try quitting 1Password completely (right-click on 1Password mini in the menu bar at the top right of your screen > Quit 1Password Completely), and then relaunch 1Password? Do you see the same layout then?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@martinvandiemen:

I have had the chance to discuss the layout issues with a developer, and I confirm that it's a known issue on Big Sur. This explains why I am not seeing them in Catalina :+1:

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

With 1PW7.7-beta 8 and 9 on Big Sur beta 8 and now 9, I still cannot use Safari extension.

• It's not possible to unlock using inline on any website
    • It's not possible to shortcuts on any website. It says it's not turned on—but it is (screenshot)
    • When unlocking standalone app with TouchID, it asks for the TouchID twice, but it unlocked on the first dialog box—happens 80% of the time, but not every time.

Any experiences of this? I have not been able to use 1PW fully since I believe beta 4? of Big Sur.
    Thanks

• r8ders2k
    r8ders2k
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

@krusnof Have you tried Quit 1Password Completely? As that seems to work for me.

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

@r8ders2k I had on beta 7 (Big Sur) and didn't work, but forgot on beta 8 and yes it works. Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear @krusnof, thank you for the update!

And thank you @r8ders2k for the assist :)

• krusnof
    krusnof
    Community Member

So it works, but with every reboot of macOS I have to start by "Quit 1Password Completely" to make it work again. That doesn't seem to be the preferred experience.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@krusnof:

Certainly not the preferred experience! :) We will make sure this is addressed before Big Sur exits beta :+1:

This discussion has been closed.