find duplicate logins

Hi, I am trying to eliminate duplicate login entries in my vault. I've seen the https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/86492/removing-duplicates discussion, but I do not see the Clean up duplicate items menu entry. There is only "Optimize database".
What I am trying to achieve is to get the list of the items which have same or similar URLs and the same login name and then merge/edit/delete them manually

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mzel!

I do not see the Clean up duplicate items menu entry. There is only "Optimize database".

Can you please post a screenshot of the menu as it appears for you? Thank you!

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mzel:

Thank you! The duplicate removal feature is only available for 1Password for Mac at the moment, so that's why you are not seeing it in 1Password for Windows.

• mzel
    mzel
    Community Member

ok, should I hold my breath?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mzel:

I don't think it will happen in the near future, but it's definitely something that our developers are aware of ;)

• NHAHAR
    NHAHAR
    Community Member

What does Optimize Database do?

So no way to delete duplicates without doing it manually on a PC?

• @NHAHAR

This option basically optimizes your database by telling the internal database tool to "de-fragment" itself, so it can compressed rarely used data (its data used to organize the data it keeps, not 1Password or your data), remove any old temp tables it used to organize itself and more. It is basically recreating the entire database, so it's fresh and new and ready for more data. For users with a lot of data, this can take several seconds to minutes to finish, thus we don't want to do it randomly in background. For majority of users, this is not needed.

We would only recommend using this feature when you're seeing 1Password is starting slower than usual but beside that, normal operations aren't impacted by keeping the database as is since the database does a great job of minimizing this issue for you anyway.

For the time being, manually removing duplicates is the route to go in 1Password for Windows 👍

• troyane
    troyane
    Community Member

@Blake Is it still in progress? Came up here with the same question. Using 1P on web+win+ios, but can't find a way to remove duplicates I have in 1P.

Any luck to see it available soon? Maybe already available on betas?

Thanks

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Any luck to see it available soon? Maybe already available on betas?

This would be great! :+1:

• @troyane

This is definitely still something on our roadmap, but I don't have any further information to share about the feature's progress at this time!

I promise, we didn't forget about this -- but our team is busy with other higher priority tasks at the moment. We will post more news once we have them, so please stay tuned.

This discussion has been closed.