How to reset vault?

lonevvolf
lonevvolf
Community Member

My brother is just getting started with 1PW on iOS, and purchased through the IAP. After creating the vault, it somehow doesn't accept his master password. We followed the directions for resetting the vault (delete app, restart, reinstall) but it still remembers the vault and he can't get in. How can he start over?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @lonevvolf

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble your brother is having getting started. This post provides the troubleshooting suggestions for this situation as well as information on how to start over if ultimately that is necessary:

FAQ: I'm locked out of my account (membership) / need to start over — 1Password Forum

Ben

• lonevvolf
    lonevvolf
    Community Member

To start over and delete his membership, the instructions there say that it will cancel his Apple subscription to 1Password, but he paid for a 1-year membership. How will that work?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lonevvolf:

He will be able to apply the existing Apple subscription to the app once again ;)

• lonevvolf
    lonevvolf
    Community Member

So don’t actually cancel it but start the setup again after deleting?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lonevvolf:

For confirmation, can you please post a screenshot of where it is showing him that the subscription will be canceled? I would like to make sure we are looking at the same thing :+1:

• lonevvolf
    lonevvolf
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@lonevvolf:

Thank you! The Apple subscription won't be canceled: the message is asking for confirmation that it has been canceled manually by him (we do it to remind people who want to just delete the account that the subscription must be canceled separately).

But in this case he will need to create a new account, so you can click that checkbox and ignore the message since he will just apply the existing subscription to the new account.

This discussion has been closed.