To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

What to do if we don't remember what 2FA do we use?

odo
odo
Community Member

Hi there,

I'm using 1Password app for many years. Today, I deleted and reinstalled the application and then realized it asked for a 2FA code. I have set up a 2FA security earlier, but I can't remember which application I did it through. Hence, I am currently unable to access my 1Password account at all.

Note: I have the Emergency Kit.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @odo! Welcome to the forum!

As a first quick attempt, can you please try the following and see if it helps? Go to a browser where you've signed into 1Password before (it's important that you try this on a known browser, even on a different device) and sign in to your account on 1Password.com. Then, click your name in the top right and choose My Profile. Finally, click More Actions > Manage Two-Factor Authentication > Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication

If you have added your 1Password account to a Mac or another iOS device and you can sign into your 1Password account on that device you can turn off 2FA there -

==Mac==
    Open and unlock 1Password on Mac.
    Select 1Password > Preferences > Accounts. Click your account, then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

==iOS==
    Open and unlock 1Password on iOS device.
    Tap Settings > 1Password Accounts. Tap your account, then tap Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication.

Please be sure you have the latest version of the apps for this :+1:

• odo
    odo
    Community Member

I’m sorry. But there isn’t any device that I’ve signed in except for my phone. So, as I said, I can’t login my account on my device because of I can’t remember what 2FA app I use.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@odo:

Thank you for the confirmation. We will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+security@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there? Our security team can send you some verification questions to verify your account.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• odo
    odo
    Community Member

Hey again! I’ve received the ticket number. Let me share it with you. The number is: ZVI-77293-865

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@odo:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: I see that my colleague Zak has already replied, so I will let you continue the conversation via email so we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places :)

ref: ZVI-77293-865

This discussion has been closed.