Report a bug in the forum

demaier
demaier
Community Member

How can I report a bug in the support forum system?

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @demaier!

You can let us know here :)

• demaier
    demaier
    Community Member

Ah ok. When I tried updating my email address on the forum, I got prompted to insert my password again due to the elevated action. However, I simply clicked ok/continue without entering my password and the system processed my request without having the need to actually enter my password in the password field prompted.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@demaier:

Thank you for the report! Has the email updated successfully if you look at your profile now? We can certainly send your report to Vanilla (the creators of the forum software) to check this if that's the case :+1:

• demaier
    demaier
    Community Member

Yes, I got the email and confirmed the change. I’m using my new email. 👍🏼

• Thanks @demaier. That's a really good catch. Well spotted. I've reached out to the folks at Vanilla to have them investigate this situation further.

Ben

ref: dev/web/forum#61

• demaier
    demaier
    Community Member

@Ben you're welcome. I just tried again and it worked. I'm using the latest version of Firefox. I tried doing the same using an iPhone and there it didn't work, it kept asking for the password. So, that must be a failure in the validation, at least in Firefox and perhaps in some other browsers.

Glad to help...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the additional information @demaier! I will add your findings :+1:

• Hey @demaier

In speaking with Vanilla it turns out that there was a timer established when logging in. As long as you made the change within an established window, it wasn't necessary to re-authenticate, despite the prompt. I pointed out that the disconnect between being prompted but not actually being required to input the correct password was perhaps something they could consider addressing. In their next update they plan to remove the timer and make the password required for sensitive actions regardless of how long ago you last authenticated.

Thank you again for reporting this to us. :)

Ben

• demaier
    demaier
    Community Member

That’s great Ben. Thanks for getting back to me on this.
    You’re welcome and have a good one!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Ben, you are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.