Full keyboard not displayed in 1PW when logging into app that only has horizontal orientation

cappy
cappy
Community Member

I was trying to login to an app called Molekule on my iPad Air2. This is among the group of apps which doesn’t have vertical orientation (these really annoy me). When I tried logging in with 1PW, I unlocked 1PW with my fingerprint, but the keyboard wasn’t displayed fully (most of it was off screen). As a result, I could not login to this app.
I have a screenshot illustrating this issue, but I don’t want to post it here.

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Ios
Sync Type: Icloud

Comments

• Hey @cappy

Thanks for reporting this. I was able to reproduce the issue. I believe how they keyboard is displayed is up to the OS, rather than us, but I will let our development team know and see where it goes from there. :+1:

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

I don't have this issue with the Meetup.com app on iOS though, which is another app which only has horizontal orientation

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

on the ipad that is.

• @cappy

I understand. Thanks for the additional information. I was able to confirm my initial suspicion with our development team, though: the keyboard being off the screen is a bug in iOS, not a bug in 1Password. The best I could suggest here is that you share this feedback with Apple, and I'll do the same:

Product Feedback - Apple

Thanks!

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

I’m happy to do that. If it is a bug in the OS and not either app, why is it that I can log into meetup.com but not molekule?
    Isn’t the same api invoked when the user invokes 1PW?

Thanks

• I honestly couldn't say. I'm sorry I don't have more info on that. But I can say we don't have any code related to keyboard sizing in 1Password.

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

Apple doesn’t even have any iOS versions after 13.5 on the feedback drop down selection.

• Apple doesn’t even have any iOS versions after 13.5 on the feedback drop down selection.

That's interesting. Sounds like they're a little beind on getting their website updated. I'd just mention in the feedback which version you're using. :+1:

Ben

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

I don't have this issue with the Meetup.com app on iOS though, which is another app which only has horizontal orientation

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

I've also mentioned the ios version in a separate bug report.

Thanks Ben

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

• ag_matthew
    ag_matthew
    1Password Alumni

@cappy If you're talking about the Molekule Air Purifier app, it looks like this app was written for iPhone only. When running on iPad, the iPad simulates an iPhone-sized screen, which is why the whole display - including the keyboard - is displayed smaller.

I wasn't able to reproduce the "keyboard displayed offscreen" problem - maybe because I'm running iPadOS 14 - but I wonder if it's related to the "iPhone app running on an iPad" thing.

@Ben is correct when he says we cannot influence the size or position of the keyboard. Our control is limited to showing/hiding the keyboard, and changing the type of keyboard. (Alphanumeric, keypad, email, etc)

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

Thanks for the update

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_matthew, you are welcome @cappy! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    edited August 2020

accidentally reposted the same info about the Meetup app

• No worries :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.