I have a couple of sites that need to be shared with my assistant but it won't let me share them.

I've added these sites to my private vault but the option to add them to the shared vault is greyed out. Please advise.

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can't add to shared

Comments

• Hi @lperreault

Welcome to the 1Password Support Forum. With 1Password sharing is done at the vault level. The Private vault cannot be shared. Instead, the solution here would be to create a vault that is shared between you and your assistant, and to move the items you would like to share with them into this new vault. Please see this guide on creating and sharing vaults:

Create, share, and manage vaults in your team

Once you have created the vault you can move the items in question into it:

Move and copy items

I would recommend moving, rather than copying, otherwise you will end up with duplicates. :) I hope that helps!

Ben

• lperreault
    lperreault
    Community Member

My problem is that it won't let me add them to the shared vault. The option is grayed out when trying to save it also.

• lperreault
    lperreault
    Community Member

It also will not allow me to move them to the shared. And when I originally saved it, it would not allow me to save to shared, only to private.

• @lperreault

Is the vault you're trying to move / save these items to one that you've created? If you create a new vault, are you able to move the items into that vault? Please let me know.

Ben

• lperreault
    lperreault
    Community Member

If I create a new vault "Assistant Share" I was able to move these two accounts to there ... but I can't move the other ones that are currently in Shared to this one now! I want to have one vault for him.

• lperreault
    lperreault
    Community Member

I think I've figured it out -- somehow I did not have permissions to use the Shared folder even though I am the account holder. I checked the box and now can use it. thanks.

• Gotcha. Thanks for the update @lperreault. :) Glad to hear it worked out. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.