Family on shared computer

Bart_E
Bart_E
Community Member

Has been asked prior by other users, but don't understand answer. I have a family account, with also wife as a member (with own email and Code). We use a shared computer where both on the web log-in and Chrome extension my account pops-up. On the Web login I can use 'sign in using other account' on bottom of page. My wife then needs to put in email, Code and password, with especially the code being cumbersome. I guess there is an easier solution (i.e. is it possible to swith which user is applied on the chrome extension?)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Bart_E

We'd be happy to help with that. The recommended solution here is to have separate user accounts on the computer itself. Is this computer a Mac or Windows PC?

Ben

• Bart_E
    Bart_E
    Community Member

Hi Ben, we're using a windows PC (apologies for not including in original post). Looks like we need to go down the routeof separate accounts (which is not ideal, as everything is currently set up under one)
    Bart

• @Bart_E

No worries. :) The alternative to separate Windows accounts would be separate Chrome profiles, though the former would be our recommendation here. You can learn about each here:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ian_pass
    ian_pass
    Community Member

Hi Ben - Is there a way to do this without having separate Mac or Windows users on the computer? My wife and I are both users under my mother's family account, we only have one computer, and we both use it, often interchangeably/simultaneously. My wife has a different email and master password registered than I do. Since 1password logs us out from the app and from the firefox extension I would assume that it would be easy to just offer the option to sign into either user in the 1password mac app or in the firefox extension. Is that not possible?

• Hey @ian_pass

Firefox has the ability to have separate profiles, though the feature doesn't look quite as robust/convenient as Chrome. The best solution is still going to be separate user accounts on the computer, but it may be possible to make something work using Firefox profiles:

Profile Manager - Create, remove, or switch Firefox profiles | Firefox Help

Ben

This discussion has been closed.