extension not installed & extension is included in 1Password 7 Everything I try ends in one or both.

philipross
philipross
Community Member

1Password "extension not installed" & "extension is included in 1Password 7" Everything I try ends in one or both. I am instructed to turn on extension but the box will not accept my checkmark. I'm using version 7.6 app with version 7.6 extension on MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina 10.15.5 (19F101)

1Password Version: 7.6
Extension Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006) Mac App Store
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:extension not installed & extension is included in 1Password 7 Everything I try ends in one or both.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @philipross! Welcome to the forum!

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see when you open Safari Preferences > Extensions tab? It should look like this:

• philipross
    philipross
    Community Member

• @philipross,

Do you happen to have an application that puts up a full-screen transparent window over top of everything? Safari has a security measure that prevents enabling extensions if such an application is currently running.

• philipross
    philipross
    Community Member

I've never heard of such a thing. How do I search my Mac for this kind of app?

• Typical sources of such are any applications that are capable of doing video conferencing, screen sharing, remote access / remote desktop, etc. Examples might be Zoom, Skype, Slack, LogMeIn, etc. Please try completely quitting any such apps (e.g. they shouldn't show up in the menu bar or have the "dot" under them in the Dock).

Safari recognizes when such applications are running and will not allow the extension preferences to be changed as a security measure. Unfortunately it doesn't have any indication of this to the user.

Ben

• newuser47
    newuser47
    Community Member

I am having this problem as well, I believe, and cannot pinpoint exactly which app is the culprit. Is there someway to start clean to give Safari the safety it requires?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@newuser47:

Is there someway to start clean to give Safari the safety it requires?

Other than removing the culprit app, I am not aware of other solution I am afraid.

This discussion has been closed.