To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Not automatically syncing between my macs--why?

realvo
realvo
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Memberships

I have 1password on 3 different machines in my house. I noticed that when a password for a login gets updated on 1 machine it does not upgrade the others unless I log in/out. How can I update the database that they are 'reading' from w/o having to login/out? Thanks.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007) 1Passwor
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @realvo

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. To narrow down where this difficulty might be coming from I'd like to ask you to please perform a test for me:

1. On each device create a new Secure Note, and give it a title that is unique to that device (e.g. "Test from realvo's iMac")
    2. Sign in at https://my.1password.com/ in a web browser and look in your vault. Which notes created in step 1 appear there and which do not?
    3. Check the 1Password app on each device for each other device's note. Which ones appear where?

Then please post the results here, e.g.:

Note created on realvo's iMac:

• Web: no
    • iPhone: no

Note created on realvo's iPhone:

• Web: yes
    • iMac: no

That should help us get an idea of where to being troubleshooting. Thanks!

Ben

• realvo
    realvo
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

Did your test. All appear (on the web NOT on the individual machines--yet) It seems passwords in the past DO sync but often it will be 20 minutes or more before they do. Is there a way to 'force' a sync?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@realvo:

Is there a way to 'force' a sync?

Locking and unlocking the 1Password app forces a sync ;)

• realvo
    realvo
    Community Member

thank you @ag_ana exactly what I was looking for!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @realvo :)

This discussion has been closed.