Feature Request: Sort by last "used"

peterjuras
peterjuras
Community Member

Hi,

it would be very helpful to sort by the last time a password entry has been interacted with, e.g. when a copy to clipboard button was clicked.

While sorting by last date modified is helpful when looking at all logins without searching, I would especially want this mode when narrowing down a search. I'm often search for Google or AWS and find a lot of accounts, but I copy the password for the same account every day and it is always down in the list.

I filed this in the mac forum, but this would be useful for all platforms (Windows, Android, etc.)

Best regards,
Peter

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @peterjuras

1Password for iOS has this option:

I'm not in front of my Mac at the moment but I'll check when I get back. I could've swore it was an option there too. If it isn't, I'll certainly put it in as a suggestion. :)

Ben

• peterjuras
    peterjuras
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

it's great to hear that the iOS version already has this feature. I'm using 1Password on Mac, Windows & Android devices, it would be great if you could put it in as a suggestion for these versions.

Best,
    Peter

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@peterjuras:

The Mac app has it too :)

• peterjuras
    peterjuras
    Community Member

Hi Ana,

thanks, I'm already using this, but it doesn't appear to apply to the browser extension (not 1PasswordX) suggestions and search results. Is there a way to force the extension to also order by date last used for all matching search results or suggestions?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@peterjuras:

1Password X currently only lists items in alphabetical order by default, I am not aware of a way to change the sort order directly in the extension I am afraid.

• peterjuras
    peterjuras
    Community Member

I'm using the desktop extension (not 1PasswordX), it would be great if they also get the sort by last used feature.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Ah got it @peterjuras! I have passed your feedback to the developers :+1:

• peterjuras
    peterjuras
    Community Member

Thanks! 🙏

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

You are very welcome @peterjuras! :)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#26

• rkman527
    rkman527
    Community Member

The Sort option works when 1Password is opened directly. However it does not work when I go to my banks mobile application and click on username. 1Password opens but the list is not sorted. Can someone else confirm this problem?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rkman527:

Are you referring to the AutoFill extension, the one that appears above the keyboard when you are on a website?

• rkman527
    rkman527
    Community Member

Yes. I always have to search for the item.

• If when using your bank's app you're given a listing including all of your Login items, that means that the app has not been updated with autofill support. Autofill will likely still work, but matching to a specific item isn't possible and in some cases the fields may not fill properly. Apps are supposed to have an "Associated Domain" defined. Apple has a developer focused article explaining this, here. When an Associated Domain is not defined, our only recourse is to show all possible items.

Ben

• rkman527
    rkman527
    Community Member

I understand that but why can't you show the same sort order that I see in 1Password directly.

• rkman527
    rkman527
    Community Member

I don't need it to match a specific item. I just need it to show the sorted list. If I search for it and just tap the password it will fill in the form OK. I just don't want to have to search all the time.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2020

I see; yes, that may be possible. Thanks for the suggestion, @rkman527. :) Ultimately though the app that has this problem should be updated. In the meantime I'll talk to our developers and see if we can at least sort the list on our end.

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#320

• rkman527
    rkman527
    Community Member

Excellent...thanks.

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.