1Password 7 Version 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007) 1Password Beta

bgabby
bgabby
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Assume that you have already received feedback since last Beta update. I don't mean to exaggerate, but I don't seem to be able to get anything in 1Password to work since the last update. (Note - my OS was updated too within the past couple days.) The only thing that I seem to be able to do now is copy and paste the link to the website from 1Password into Safari, then copy and paste my userid and then my password. I even rebooted just in case the Beta required a restart. My 1Password is dead in the water right now.

1Password Version: 7.7 Beta-7 (707000007)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 Version 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007) 1Password Beta

Comments

• virtualshar
    virtualshar
    Community Member

that's exactly my experience too. same versions of Mac and 1Password

• NormCole
    NormCole
    Community Member

Having the problem here too !!

• NormCole
    NormCole
    Community Member

Hi Ben..A couple of days ago I updated my 1PW7 to version 7.77. Beta-7 and now am having a similar problem as above.. but worse, now the application either does not call up a site consistently and when it does, does not auto fill the User ID or Password at all. I have to re-enter this info manually ! There are some other issues as well, but if I can deal with this one now we can cover other things later.

Right now I'm somewhat "dead in the water" with the process ! Hope you can help me out here..

Norm Cole

• This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password 7 does autofill, but does not automatically login to websites.
  • bgabby
    bgabby
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

Has anyone received any communication yet on this? I'm still dead in the water and have had no reach out for questions or response. The only functionality that is still working in my 1Password is the ability to copy and paste from 1Password to the websites I'm trying to log into. Absolutely nothing else is working.

• dszp
    dszp
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

I have this issue as well. I'm on:

1Password 7
    Version 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007)
    1Password Beta

The Safari Extension icon opens, shows matching sites, but AutoFill doesn't fill, I can only copy/paste. The inline 1P button in a form always pops up the "Unlock 1Password" button (clicking it does nothing if 1P is unlocked already anyway) and never reflects whether it's unlocked, or allows it to fill. Basically the integration is 99% broken and nothing automatic works, since about this last beta update.

I just locked 1P, then clicked the Unlock button on a form inline, and it DID prompt me to unlock, then it DID show the matching login for the site! However, clicking it doesn't fill anything--but that's more than showing Unlock continuously when it's already unlocked. Previously, I've been unlocking by clicking the 1P Extension button to the left of the address bar, which is where I usually do my unlocking, but that seems to not tell the inline extension that it's unlocked.

I'm on a MBP 16" with macOS 10.15.6, primarily using Safari as browser (though I have others) and I have a LOT of tabs open. I just restarted Safari with no change. I disabled and re-enabled the 1P extension with no change. And I rebooted earlier today, no change.

I've also experienced, prior to my reboot earlier, multiple times where 1Password or a 1Password window will "hang" and lock up at least the 1Password app when pulling down an auto-fill from Safari's extension button, for easily several seconds. Restarting Safari helps a bit as does restarting the computer, and it may have occasionally happened prior to the latest beta above, but has definitely happened more since the last update.

• Same problem here.

• Same problem here.
    1Password 7
    Version 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007)
    1Password Beta

Using MacOSX Beta also: 11.0 Beta (20A5354i)

Safari the only way to use the extension is to copy and paste both username and passwords... it wont autofill anything

• bgabby
    bgabby
    Community Member

New update today has corrected all issues. Thank you!!

• That's great news @bgabby :)

This discussion has been closed.