Microsoft.NET Framework pop up

When opening 1Password on my browser, the following pop up appears.

"1Password requires Microsoft.NET Framework 4.7.2 or later to be installed first. Would you like to download it?"

What action is recommended?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Microsoft.NET Framework pop up

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ottico,

1Password 7 for Windows requires at least Microsoft.NET Framework 4.7.2 in order to work on your computer. please make sure to install it from here, reboot, and let us know if the issue remains.

Do you also have all available Windows updates installed on your PC? Please confirm.

Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• ottico
    ottico
    Community Member

Thank you Greg! Apologize for the late response. I did install Microsoft.NET Framework, and all seems to be working well.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ottico,

Thank you for the follow-up! I am glad to hear that everything works correctly now. :)

Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

• tkarre
    tkarre
    Community Member

I'm getting the same popup. Unfortunately, .NET Framework 4.7.2 cannot be installed on my Windows 10 laptop. It has an older version of Windows 10 that is managed by my employer, and 4.7.2 is not supported. Does this imply that my 1Password app is also now orphaned? This is what I'm running currently:
    OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB
    OS Version: 10.0.10240 N/A Build 10240
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full\1033\Version = 4.6.01590

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tkarre,

It is important to run the latest versions of Windows, so I would reach out to your IT department and ask them to update Windows and .NET on your computer. Alternatively, you can use 1Password X in your browser:

Get to know 1Password X

1Password X works entirely in your browser, so you won't need to install 1Password 7 for Windows separately. Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.