Menubar search doesn't find Disney+ while app does

Options
swrobel
swrobel
Community Member
edited September 2020 in Mac

Pretty much everything you need should be in this screenshot (the app window is positioned right below the menubar popup):

1Password Version: 7.7.BETA-7 (70700007)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.15.6
Sync Type: whatever the default is

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @swrobel!

If you look at this item in the 1Password app > click on Edit > scroll down to the bottom of the item details, is the item set to Never suggest in browser?

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana, no, it isn't set to Never Suggest, but even if it were, I don't see why that should affect anything as I'm talking about the Mac menubar pulldown (in the top right where the clock & other little icon widgets are):

• @swrobel

The setting Ana mentioned does indeed control what appears in 1Password mini (the feature you're describing), as mini was originally designed as the interface for our browser extensions. To confirm, that setting is currently set to 'suggest in browser'? Admittedly... I'm scratching my head a bit as to what else could possibly be the cause here if that is set to 'suggest.'

If you create a new Login item, and copy your credentials over from the current one, does the new one appear in 1Password mini? Please let me know.

Ben

• swrobel
    swrobel
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben thanks, and apologies for getting that wrong. I did somehow set it to "Never suggest in browser" which is odd, because it doesn't display that when you're viewing it in the app, only when you go into Edit mode (I assumed it would flag it somewhere down here, but alas):

I'd also just like to point out that "Never Suggest" affecting Mini seems nonsensical to me. If I'm doing an explicit search, I want to see all results.

• thanks, and apologies for getting that wrong. I did somehow set it to "Never suggest in browser" which is odd, because it doesn't display that when you're viewing it in the app, only when you go into Edit mode (I assumed it would flag it somewhere down here, but alas):

No worries! Frankly I'm relieved that is the case as I was going to have to do some real digging if that wasn't it. 😅

I'd also just like to point out that "Never Suggest" affecting Mini seems nonsensical to me. If I'm doing an explicit search, I want to see all results.

Understood. It is primarily for legacy purposes, from a time when mini's sole purpose was as the browser extension. Perhaps in the next generation of apps we will finally be able to drop it. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.