Overlapping and Conflicting Pop-ups

HFTobeason
HFTobeason
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

As seen in the attached screenshot, this website's (chase.com) requirements result in a UX/UI mess. Some of the problem is Safari's pop-up offering to enter the texted code. Clicking "behind" the Safari pop-up to try and trigger 1P to enter the requested password (from the nearly invisible choice) just wiped out both entry fields.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HFTobeason!

This is one of the reasons why we recommend only keeping 1Password enabled for this:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

I do have everything turned off:

This is not a Safari Autofill issue - it's Safari offering to fill in a texted passcode - which is very useful and I wouldn't turn it off if I could.

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HFTobeason, it turns out we can't detect when Safari is offering to fill an OTP received from Messages, and this results in the overlapping menus.
    The only thing we can advise, if this becomes annoying, is to make the Inline Menu less intrusive: head over to 1Password Preferences > Browsers and uncheck "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field". In this way the inline menu won't be displayed automatically, but will be displayed only after you click on the 1Password icon on each field. Note that if you first show the inline menu and then receive a code via text which Safari offers to fill, it will still overlap with our menu.

Finally, can you please explain better what do you mean by "wiping"? I assume that clicking anywhere on the page closes both menus, but values entered on the fields should remain there. Are you seeing a different result?

Clicking "behind" the Safari pop-up to try and trigger 1P to enter the requested password (from the nearly invisible choice) just wiped out both entry fields.

Thank you,
    Have a wonderful day :)

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

@ag_vendruscolo Thank you for your reply. Indeed, I have had the "Automatically show inline menu when selecting a field" option UNchecked since the new inline functionality arrived. As for "wiping", although I can't reproduce the exact issue on that website (since it now recognizes this browser), I meant that both the username and password fields were erased when I clicked on the barely visible portion of the 1P inline menu choice that was applicable. I'll keep trying to reproduce the issue.

• HFTobeason
    HFTobeason
    Community Member

Attached is a link to a screenmovie of the issue.

This is on https://secure03a.chase.com/web/auth/#/logon/recognizeUser/provideIdentificationCode.

Note that I first click the OTP popup to populate the top field. I then click in the second field to select it. I then click at the right edge of the partially visible 1P inline menu choice I want to fill. And bam! Both fields are erased.

https://app.box.com/s/qt0abtqbfog8elc9nj30x7dq391w4tju

• ag_vendruscolo
    ag_vendruscolo
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HFTobeason, thanks for the information and the video, it helps us seeing what's wrong. I saw that fields did contain content from 1Password for a brief moment, but ultimately they shouldn't get emptied. I've filed an issue to keep track of this.

Thanks for helping out!

This discussion has been closed.