Filling credit cards on websites

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Credit Card Won't Autofill.

Comments

• morpheus421970
    morpheus421970
    Community Member
    Options

I've been unable to get 1Password to autofill any credit card info on ANY site whatsoever since signing up over a month ago. I'm frustrated, as I switched to 1Password from LastPass, and Lastpass was flawless in the credit card aspect.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@morpheus421970:

What version of the browser extension are you currently using?

• morpheus421970
    morpheus421970
    Community Member
    Options

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@morpheus421970:

Thank you for the confirmation! Can you give us a specific example of a website that is not working for you? We will be happy to test it and see if it works for us :+1:

• morpheus421970
    morpheus421970
    Community Member
    Options

Venmo
    Amazon
    hearourvoice.com
    thefeminista.com

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@morpheus421970:

Let's focus on one of these to make sure the problem is really with the website, rather than with the extension. Let's take Amazon as an example, because I used card filling recently there. What is the exact issue you are seeing when you click on 1Password X and select your credit card for filling?

If it helps, please feel free to send us a video to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can see exactly what is happening to you.

• morpheus421970
    morpheus421970
    Community Member
    Options

Here's how it goes each time I try to autofill a CC:

1. I click the box to fill in the CC.
    2. 1Password pops open a dialogue box with options from which I can choose.
    3. I l click the option I want.
    4. Nothing fills.
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@morpheus421970:

If this is happening on absolutely every website, there might be something interfering with 1Password while you are on those pages. Do you by chance have additional browser extensions installed and activated?

• morpheus421970
    morpheus421970
    Community Member
    Options

I do. They don't interfere with passwords being filled.....just the credit cards......and they presented no problems with LastPass. What are you thinking on this?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the additional info @morpheus421970 .

Can you please test credit card autofilling on this page (at the bottom): https://fill.1pw.co/
    Does that work?

If it doesn't, I'd like you to create a new credit card item in your 1Password as follows:
    1. Click the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser to open it.
    2. Click the big PLUS icon to reveal the menu and select "Credit Card" from the list.
    3. A new tab will open where you can fill in the details of a new credit card. Give it a name in the title, then fill in its number, expiration date and CVV.
    4. Click on "Save" at the bottom of the page, then test it when autofilling on https://fill.1pw.co/

Let us know the results.

• morpheus421970
    morpheus421970
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Creating a new card entry worked!

What do you suppose caused this problem?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not entirely sure @morpheus421970 , but it it may be on old credit card item that didn't take the last few updates of 1Password too kindly.

We've made some major changes to how 1Password autofill recently and that might also be a part of the issue.
    Either way, I'm glad we got things to work properly now :)

• morpheus421970
    morpheus421970
    Community Member
    Options

Much appreciated, @ag_yaron and @ag_ana !

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Glad we could help :)

This discussion has been closed.