Multi-Level?

terrywp
terrywp
Community Member

I'd really like to make 1PW my main password manager, but one major feature I feel it is lacking is multi-leveled vaults. As it is, I have to use one password manager for my work stuff, and one for my personal stuff. It'd be nice to have two main top level vaults, and then sub-vaults within them. Is there any way I can do this short of having two 1PW accounts? I really don't want to pay for two accounts.
As an aside, I only use the web and Android versions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @terrywp

The only tiering that would be comparable to what you're describing would be through the use of multiple accounts. That said, 1Password Business comes with 1Password Families memberships included for each user within your organization:

Get a free 1Password Families membership when you use 1Password Business

Taking advantage of that would make it easier to separate home and work data. :+1:

Ben

• terrywp
    terrywp
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben. I was actually only using that as an example. Here's a better example...I am an MSP. I have many clients and manage everything tech for them. I'd like to have a vault called "Client1" and then have a subsection called "Software" and another called "Network" and another called "Clients" etc. etc...and have associated records within each. Sort of like what KeePass2 does.

• @terrywp

In that case you could have such a 'client1' vault, with tags for 'software,' 'network,' etc. :)

Organize with favorites and tags

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.