Wife’s Shared vault not syncing with Administrators

Planoflyer
Planoflyer
Community Member

I have a family account on 1PW.com that have 2 shared vaults that dont seem to be syncing between the Owner Account (me) and my wife’s devices or online account. I logged in to both my account on my laptop and her account on her laptop, and the shared vault has not synced all logins. For instance the latest (Most recent). login for Dropbox is over a year old and yet it never updates on my wife’s devices or on her online 1PW account.
Her laptop has 1Password 7 and was successfully logged in to the family account with her login.

Comments

• Planoflyer
    Planoflyer
    Community Member

Update. I checked the account on my wife’s iPad 1PW app with her login, and the vaults seem to have synced properly. The login is identical to that on the laptop, when I look at the account in a browser on the laptop it still has old data. This seems very strange.

• Hi @Planoflyer

I'd be happy to help you track down what is/isn't syncing here, and get that sorted out. Could you please check and let me know if any of these devices have a 'Primary' vault on them? You can check in the vault switcher at the top left of the application or in 1Password > Preferences / Settings > Vaults.

login for Dropbox is over a year old and yet it never updates

What is the name of the vault your wife is seeing this item in?

Thanks!

Ben

• Planoflyer
    Planoflyer
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. So I deleted the “Primary” vault a while back (Years not months). The Dropbox login In question was showing up in the “Private” vault within the family account which should only be under MY login. I have two other “shared” vaults. The login for the Dropbox account was changed over a year ago and saved in the Shared vault the she and I share. The login showed up correctly updated, on her iPad and iPhone, but did not get updated on her laptop app. I confirmed that both the iOS devices and the laptop (MacBook Pro) were using her same login, and confirmed that the account was correct. I even logged in to the browser login on 1Password.com with her login, and it was also showing the NOT updated login entry for Dropbox. Really strange and very confusing. I assume that the iOS versions and the others should all sync with the web account. I am feeling like this is a setting somewhere that I don’t know about. I also shut down all versions of 1PW and browsers on all of her devices during this process, no help.
    I do appreciate any suggestions you may have.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Planoflyer:

The Dropbox login In question was showing up in the “Private” vault within the family account which should only be under MY login. I have two other “shared” vaults. The login for the Dropbox account was changed over a year ago and saved in the Shared vault the she and I share. The login showed up correctly updated, on her iPad and iPhone, but did not get updated on her laptop app.

So for confirmation, does she have two copies of the Dropbox item, one in her Private vault and one in the shared vault?

This discussion has been closed.