Making contents of two vaults the same

ezlxq1949
ezlxq1949
Community Member
edited September 2020 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I've spent an entire afternoon looking for the answer. Now to ask the Forum.

My wife and I each have a desktop Mac. Our vaults are very similar but not identical. We'd like to make them the same. We don't use any cloud service but we do have domestic ethernet.

What would you suggest? All I can think of at the moment is to inspect the contents of each vault separately using Screen Sharing, exporting and importing different or missing items, but this seems terribly slow and prone to error.

Can we share our vaults over the network, so that each of us can open the other's vault locally?

Gat a better way?

BTW, please don't suggest upgrading to v7. Owing to hardware limitations we can't upgrade the software, and owing to money limitations we can't upgrade the hardware. (As Covid bites, I fear this will become increasingly common.)

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.11.6
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Hey @ezlxq1949

It sounds like you've perhaps already read my usual spiel about using the latest versions of 1Password and your operating system, and upgrading your hardware if that is not possible. As such I won't post it here again, but I'll link to an example, for anyone stumbling across this thread who may not have.

Considering the restrictions you've outlined there would be two potential options for syncing your data:

1. Dropbox
    2. iCloud

These are not solutions we generally recommend anymore, with 1Password.com being the preferred option, but they may get you by until 1Password.com becomes a feasibility. I hope that's helpful.

Ben

• ezlxq1949
    ezlxq1949
    Community Member

Thanks Ben. Looks like I'll be comparing the two vaults item by item!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ezlxq1949:

Depending on how you chose your item titles, sorting the items alphabetically in both vaults might help you get through the list a little bit quicker :+1:

This discussion has been closed.