Touch ID disabled

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Touch ID not working with 1Password X Beta version 1.21.3.

Comments

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

I was on the beta then reverted to 7.5 but still touch ID is not working on my MacBook Pro even though it is checked to do so in the 1PW preferences. I updated to 7.6; same thing. Any suggestions? Without TouchID it is less useful (or perhaps we all just got spoiled since TouchID came on board). Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dtoub:

If you want to unlock the extension with Touch ID, please make sure to use the companion browser extension. As mentioned above by ag_yaron, the feature has been temporarily removed from 1Password X.

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I had seen that but the link doesn't give me a downloadable extension for Safari. It just tells me what I already know; it's included with my 1PW subscription...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dtoub:

Ah I see, thank you for confirming that you are using Safari! Can you elaborate on what you mean by "not working" exactly? What happens when you click on the browser extension button in Safari?

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

The extension works fine as before. The problem is that once I'm logged out (after 5 minutes in my case but I am aware I could extend that to longer), I have to retype my master password. TouchID never is shown as an option.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dtoub:

Do you see the Touch ID icon below the Master Password field when you are prompted to authenticate again? Or is that missing completely?

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

Exactly; it is missing. That's the problem.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dtoub:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Yup; already had the troubleshooting utility. Still have not received a ticket but it was sent to the support address as well as support+forum@agilebits.com. Looking forward to a solution.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dtoub:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: EKF-67187-541

• dtoub
    dtoub
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Still waiting to see if there might be a solution. I sent in a second diagnostics report (this time using the most recent version of the troubleshooting utility) and am hopeful there will be a solution. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dtoub:

I see that brenty is helping you via email, and I am sure that he will help you get to a resolution. We reply to emails in the order we receive them, so I am sure he will get back to you as soon as possible :+1:

So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and I will let you continue the conversation via email so you have everything in one place.

Thank you for your patience!

This discussion has been closed.