Font Size-how do I set? [1Password's font size is not customizable]

Options
2»

Comments

• booie
    booie
    Community Member
    Options

This is very disappointing. It's been almost 2 years since the OP and you're still giving us "Thank you for the feedback" and, my favorite, Ben's "Okay." Don't keep us hanging. Start replying with the truth, for example, "Sorry, but you're all SOL."

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2020
    Options

@booie

my favorite, Ben's "Okay."

I was explicitly asked "don't placate me, and the other subscribers" - so I didn't. You're right, it was a little tongue in cheek, and I apologize for that.

Start replying with the truth

We generally keep future plans pretty close to the chest, but I can say that this isn't something that is currently being worked on. As such, it is unlikely to be something that will be implemented in the near future. I wish I had a more encouraging answer, but that is the accurate one.

Ben

• Architect
    Architect
    Community Member
    edited April 2020
    Options

I don't know if this was mentioned already elsewhere, but I have discovered that you can go back to the way Secure Notes was viewed in Version 6 by foregoing the option to use Markdown to format these notes.

In Preferences, under the General tab, just uncheck the box that reads "Format secure notes using Markdown". Now, the fonts are larger and very much more readable. Unfortunately, you will not be able to use Markdown to achieve Bold, Italic, Bulleted Lists, etc. I was really looking forward to using these formatting features in Version 7, but I will have to abandon them in favor of the ability to read a larger font. Not a happy tradeoff, but at least there does seem to be a way to get a larger font back.

Another question, though. When editing a secure note, if you highlight some text and right-click, you get an option to edit fonts. Choosing a different font and/or font size here will change the font and/or size of the highlighted text, but the change does not stick when the Edit is Saved. This happens whether of not the use of Markdown is chosen in Preferences. Can you explain?

Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for sharing that workaround, @Architect. :)

Ben

• VK1
    VK1
    Community Member
    Options

So you have not been able to make the font size an option?

• VK1
    VK1
    Community Member
    Options

So you have not been able to make the font size an option?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VK1:

That's correct, adjustable font size is something that we are not working on at the moment I am afraid, sorry!

• User0099
    User0099
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure if this is still an issue for some, but I use a "-" (single dash) on the next line after any paragraph. That sets the entire paragraph to a larger font in IOS.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the suggestion @User0099 :)

This discussion has been closed.