ESPN log in not filling

When I click sign in at https://www.espn.com/fantasy, the pop up as the 1Password actions, but when I click the account to fill, nothing happens.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.22.1 1PasswordX
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @maquinn78!

Are you able to fill your credentials if you click on the 1Password X button in the browser, and then click on Autofill, rather than trying this directly from the inline menu?

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

@ag_ana no it does not. Neither one works.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

@maquinn78:

Thank you for the confirmation! I was able to reproduce this issue on my machine, so I will open an internal issue so that the developers can look at this :)

ref: dev/core/core#2728

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

@ag_ana thank you so much! I always feel like a nuisance with little issues with this, but I was frustrated enough today. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

We absolutely welcome every report such as this one @maquinn78, no worries at all! If you find any others, please always report them to us if you have the time to do it :)

• ag_jarek
    edited September 2020

Hi @maquinn78,

Jarek from the extensions team here. I'm so sorry to hear that you're having difficulties filling on this site!

I just tried saving and filling a login here with our latest beta release (1.22.3) and everything seems to be working great for me with that version. There was a known issue with the 1.22.1 release that could cause some problems with filling, so it's possible you were running into that.

Could you give this another try with the latest beta update of 1Password X and let me know if it's better now? :smile:

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

@ag_jarek just tried, this time it shows me the drop down in the username field, but clicking it does nothing. I'm on 1.22.2, when I check the release notes page that is the latest update, and when I do check updates there are no updates, using MS Edge.

Video of my issue

• @maquinn78 gotcha, sounds like it's not a version issue then. Also, thanks for the video!

I just installed Edge on my mac and set up 1Password X to try things there and it's still filling properly on my end, so it looks like Edge isn't to blame either.

I'm wondering if it's perhaps some old web form details on your particular login item. Could you try filling out your credentials, saving a new login with a different name, and then trying to fill that new login?

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

@ag_jarek sorry for the delay on this.

I tried that and it still does not fill. Thanks!

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @maquinn78 ,

I too tried to reproduce the issue in Edge but everything seemed to work perfectly fine there. Perhaps there's something else in play that prevents 1Password from autofilling there. Do you happen to have any other extensions installed? If so, please try disabling all of them (except for 1Password), restart the browser by quitting it completely and relaunching it, then test again.

Another thing I can think of is that there might be some stale data in your browser's cache, so clearing the cache might also point us in the right direction.

• @maquinn78,

I'm back and happy to report I figured out what was going on here (and why most of us couldn't figure out how to reproduce this issue).

It turns out that the login form on this site happens to be in an iframe with an origin URL of https://cdn.registerdisney.go.com. The site itself, of course, is under the different URL https://www.espn.com. If you happen to have an item with only the latter URL on it, we won't allow it to fill into the login form due to the URL mismatch.

This is quickly fixed by adding the iframe origin URL to your login item, so that it looks more like this:

Give that a try and let me know if that fixes the issue for you :smile:

• maquinn78
    maquinn78
    Community Member

@ag_jarek yes that works. Thank you so much!

• @maquinn78 fantastic! I'm glad it's all figured out now.

If you run into any further issues in the future please don't hesitate to let us know!

This discussion has been closed.