1PW not syncing to MacBook

Options
Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member

My 1PW is the subscription version from the App Store. My computer and 1PW are current. About 4 days ago I noticed a login my wife entered in our shared vault did not sync to my MacBook. I quit completely 1PW and everything was fine. Tonight there was as repetition.

My wife created a new login and that did not sync to my MacBook. It did sync to my 3 iOS devices. Again i can force a sync if I quit 1PW completely.

I have tested and when data is entered on my Mac it does sync to my wife's Mac and all our iOS devices.

The issue seems specific to syncing to my Mac from my wife's Mac. Our settings in preferences are identical.

What should I try?

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gordon101!

When this happens on your Mac, are you able to see this item if you login to your account on 1Password.com in a browser? I would like to understand if the problem is that your account is not receiving the new item at all, or if it is receiving it, and the Mac app is simply failing to download it.

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    Options

ag_ana you have a magic keyboard and/or magic mental capacity. I will tell Mr. Teare !!!

I did not know I could open 1PW with a browser, but I did have my Secret Key. I logged in and found all the changes had happened there -- well gosh I should have know that. The changes were carrying through to my iOS devices. Next I went to my wife's Mac and created a dummy note on a login. I watched and that got to my iOS devices. At that point I checked my Mac and the change had carried through to my Mac.

So we now at least temporarily the problem is solved. We also know the problem had to be on my Mac if the same system at AgileBits handles iOS and MacOS devices - these changes were getting to my iOS devices.

Have a good day. 8-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the kind words @Gordon101 :)

It could also have been something temporary happening on your Mac. Please let us know if this happens again there and we will be happy to take a closer look for you :+1:

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member
    Options

It was a temporary brain freeze by me. I needed to enter my AppleID password because I had purchased 1PW from the Apple Store. I am embarrassed at such an error.

Thank you for being kind

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

No worries at all @Gordon101, it happens to everyone! :D And you are very welcome, I am always happy to help :)

This discussion has been closed.