Autofill not working

When I try to log in on https://webmail.uberspace.de/ the user and password fields stay empty.

Browser on mac: Firefox (79.9 and 80.0) and Brave (Version 1.12.114 Chromium: 84.0.4147.135)

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600005) 1Password Store
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6 (18G6020) and Win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member

Autofill on my Mac is not working at all with the latest Beta. Doesn't even launch a website.
    1Password 7
    Version 7.7.BETA-6 (70700006)
    1Password Beta

• ag_michaelc
    edited August 2020

@schmones: Thanks for letting us know about this site's filling issues. I've submitted this to the development team for further investigation.

ref: dev/core/core#2269

• @kitmos: Were things working properly with the previous beta? Can you try the steps here, please?

https://support.1password.com/cs/extension-already-installed/

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member

@ag_michaelc.
    Yes the previous beta worked great. I tried all the steps you suggested and 1p does not launch a website and when I do launch it manually, Command backsplash does not fill anything so I have copy and paste. Safari, Mojave

Thanks,

Kit

• Hey Kit. Thanks for going through those steps. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to [email protected].

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/570664/#Comment_570664
    • Your forum username: kitmos

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Michael

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member

Hi Michael,

Sorry but I didn’t see a response from you until just now. So not only does 1p not fill in passwords but it no longer even launches the website I’m trying to fill.
    Here is the support ID #o1446592359

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

@kitmos:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: KAP-44685-864

• calogero
    calogero
    Community Member

Hi, I am using 1Password on Brave Browser and the autofill function is not working on any sites.

System Conf: 1Password for Macbook Desktop version and on Brave Browser I have 1Password extension (desktop app required) installed. I like to use the Mac desktop version to take advantage of the fingerprint reader. Please can you help me with this issue??

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@calogero:

System Conf: 1Password for Macbook Desktop version and on Brave Browser I have 1Password extension (desktop app required) installed.

What are the exact versions of the 1Password for Mac app and of the 1Password browser extension that you are currently using?

• calogero
    calogero
    Community Member
    • 1Password 7 Version 7.6 (70600006)
    • 1Password Extension 4.7.5.90
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@calogero:

Thank you! It looks like you are running the latest versions of both the 1Password app and the browser extension, so you are good on that front :+1: Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in this article first and see if they help as a start?

If the 1Password extension isn’t working in your browser

• calogero
    calogero
    Community Member

Hi, I am using 1Password on Brave Browser and the autofill function is not working on any sites.

System Conf: 1Password for Macbook Desktop version and on Brave Browser I have 1Password extension (desktop app required) installed. I like to use the Mac desktop version to take advantage of the fingerprint reader. Please can you help me with this issue??

I did everything you asked and it didn't work... When I click on any of the fields (Username or Password) it doesn't show my options for that site like it used in the past...

• Hey @calogero. Clicking in the fields on a page does not show your 1Password logins unless you are using 1Password X or 1Password in Safari with the latest beta version of 1Password for Mac, so it sounds like you may need to switch extensions if that's the workflow you're after. As you alluded to, however, 1Password X doesn't currently support Touch ID, but we hope to bring that support to the 1Password ecosystem later this year.

Let me know if you have follow-up questions about this, or if it feels like things still aren't working quite right. :smile:

• ilijusin
    ilijusin
    Community Member

I have the same issue. Since the last 1Password X Beta update, the extension refuses to communicate with the 1Password app. This is very annoying since I have to type out the password every time, instead of using Touch ID. I remember dealing with this over a year ago. Then it worked for quite some time and now it doesn't work again. What's happening with this feature and how come it's so difficult to maintain it?

Extension: 1Password X Beta – Password Manager 1.22.1
    App: 1Password 7 Version 7.7.BETA-8 (70700008)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@ilijusin:

I think you might be encountering a different thing. Desktop app integration was temporarily removed in the latest 1Password X beta:

Temporarily removing Desktop App Integration

This discussion has been closed.