My wife Deb and I have iPassword accounts. Recently upgraded to Family. We need help setting it up

jsorlean
jsorlean
Community Member
  1. Our primary devices are 2 iPhone 6's with current system software. We also have 2 MacBook Pros (mine 10.14.6 and hers -- 10.12.6).
  2. I upgraded my individual account to Family Account.
  3. We each now have our Master Password and Secret Key.
  4. Deb has both her original account and her new account inside of our Family account.
  5. All of my data is in my personal vault.
  6. How do I migrate her data to her new personal vault?
  7. How do we move our data into the Shared Vault.
  8. How do we make sure that if Deb changes her mind and wants to go back to having her own separate account, she can without losing or corrupting her current data.

I have been sending and receiving emails to 1Password Support. They are not set up to guide clients by phone. Although as a retired graphic designer I have dealt with technical challenges, each time I follow directions, it does not work. Then I have to write an email back, try to explain what I did and wait for another email. I was hoping for the type of hands-on guidance I get from Apple or HP. This is an agonizingly slow and painful process.

What other options do I have?

Are there any books that might help?

1Password Version: 7.6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.6 & 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jsorlean! Welcome to the forum!

I have been sending and receiving emails to 1Password Support.

Can you please share the ticket number with us, so we can see the discussion you have had so far? If you still require help, it might be better if we continue via email instead of starting all over here in the forum :+1:

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. Where would I find the ticket number?

• @jsorlean

It would be the first bit of the subject line of your emails with us. It should look something like this:

Re: [#ABC-12345-678]

Thanks!

Ben

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

Here is the website where I can access this discussion.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/115634/my-wife-deb-and-i-have-ipassword-accounts-recently-upgraded-to-family-we-need-help-setting-it-up#latest

I do not see anything that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Is there some other location?

• @jsorlean,

It would be in the subject line of the email conversation you referenced here:

I have been sending and receiving emails to 1Password Support.

Ben

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

You mean like:

MY-WIFE-DEB-AND

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

That would still be the forum URL: Ben was referring to the emails you have been sending to us, and the ones you have been receiving. So not the current discussion here on the forum, but in your email app :)

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

Is this what you are talking about.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

Yes, thank you! I see the conversation you are having via email. It looks like my colleague Josephine asked you for a diagnostics report from your devices a couple of days ago, but we haven't received them from you yet.

Please send them to her when you have a moment so she can look into them for you and continue helping you :+1:

ref: GDN-36155-624

ref: VWD-36342-564

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

Please tell me how to do that. I think I did it before which is why I didn't respond. Thank you.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

I see that Josephine sent you all the instructions via email. In case you lost that message, I have resent her last email to you :+1:

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

There are some emails that have gone to my wife. I did not receive Josephine's message that you forwarded to me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

That would have gone to your wife's email, yes. The issue as far I can see in the email discussion is with her devices, so that's where the conversation has been happening in the last few days :+1:

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

I found that email. Do you want it for both my phone and MacBook Pro?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Yes please @jsorlean, one diagnostics report for each affected device, so we can look at the entire configuration. Once you have them ready, please send them to us in response to our emails, so we can continue the conversation over there :+1:

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

I went through the steps and got a zip file and Folder of what was zipped. The zip file was greyed out and could not attach it here and cold not attach it to an email I would send to 1Password Support. I did a screen capture of a folder holding the zip file that I cannot attach using the "Attach File" link.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

Thank you for the update! Our forum does not accept zip files, so you won't be able to upload the files here, but you should be able to attach the zip file to your email like any other attachment.

Are you able to send us the screen capture for now, so we can see why you are not able to add an attachment to your email? Are you able to attach the video file when you reply to our last email?

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

saved screen capture as a jpg and still don't see the jpg image in the preview

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

What preview are you referring to? Are you able to send us the image via email?

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

when a message is composed with text and attachments, before it is sent we can view it in preview

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

I am not sure what to suggest when it comes to your email app, other than previewing the file won't be necessary. What happens if you just send us the message with the screenshot attached?

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

Spent 2-3 hours with Apple tech support on my MacBook Pro yesterday. I couldn’t link anything to gmail using Safari. Thru TimeMachine I did a backup and then did a reload. It’s better now. I bought my computer 2 years ago. I sent a diagnostic of MacBook Pro to 1Password Support. HOW DO I DO THAT WITH MY iPhone 6?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2020

@jsorlean:

Spent 2-3 hours with Apple tech support on my MacBook Pro yesterday. I couldn’t link anything to gmail using Safari. Thru TimeMachine I did a backup and then did a reload. It’s better now.

Thank you for the update, it's great to hear that things are better now :)

HOW DO I DO THAT WITH MY iPhone 6?

In a similar way from what you did from your Mac, but directly from 1Password for iOS this time. For your convenience, these are the instructions to send a diagnostics report from your iOS device once again:

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report - iOS

ref: XMM-63691-775

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member

Following your directions I sent iOS diagnostics. How can I make sure it was received

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

If you received an automatic email after you sent it, that would be the confirmation we received it :+1: I have let Josephine know that you have sent the email, so we will continue the conversation via email as soon as we have looked into the configuration.

• jsorlean
    jsorlean
    Community Member
    edited September 2020

Screen capture of iOS diagnostics
    [removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information-- this is a public forum]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@jsorlean:

I have removed the first screenshot from your post since it included your personal email address, that's not something you might want to have on a public forum :+1:

From your other screenshot, I see that you are in the right place to send the report. The only thing that is missing is for you to sent it to us now that you have it ready. Make sure to send the message to us, there should be a little icon that looks like this:

This discussion has been closed.