Password maybe corrupted

Gordon101
Gordon101
Community Member

Just go a new iMac. I used migration assistant in the Target mode to transfer all data, settings, programs, etc. to new machine. I have been working through stuff as the new iMac presented things - so far everything has worked perfectly except 1PW. I know my master password - I use it daily on my computer. When I enter it I get a polite message saying my password or login is not correct. After this message appears a few times, a second message comes up asking if I have forgotten my Password.

All I can think of is somehow during the data transfer between computers, the actual password for 1PW within the data has been corrupted.

This is a family subscription and I REALLY don't want to change the 1PW Master password which my wife and I share. I do have the long recovery key.

Here is what I have tied --

**Carefully typing - many times
** Typing the password after my login - as that field shows text instead of dots - and copying and pasting -- I deem this reasonable as the keyboard with my iMac is new and mind be bad.
**I have used my 1PW on my iPad - works great. I used it on my old MacBook Pro - the computer I am typing the message on.

So what do you suggest I do?

Version of 1PW from Apple Store - I keep current on all updates.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Gordon101!

Are you able to login to your 1Password Families account on 1Password.com in a browser? This will help us understand if the problem is with your Master Password, or with your 1Password for Mac app after the data transfer.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @sylath. To be 100% sure, I still recommend trying the Master Password to login to 1Password.com, and make sure it's the correct one before we try anything else :+1:

If that works, your suggestion would be the next step to try :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sylath:

Indeed, that is my suspicion too :+1:

• Gordon101
    Gordon101
    Community Member

Thought I responded admitting my error - I must have accidentally failed to hit the "Post" option.

There was nothing wrong with anything other than my ability to read the print on my computer screen. I was being asked to enter the my Apple ID password so that my computer could establish I had purchased 1PW from the Apple Store. The screen listed my AppleID which also is the login for 1PW and 1PassWord in a Bold and possibly larger font. My error -

Also I apologize for not posting my error earlier and causing you folks to spend additional time on this thread.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @Gordon101! I am glad to hear you managed to get things sorted already :)

This discussion has been closed.