would an Archive vault potentially be visible to a Business/Family administrator?

IvanExpert
IvanExpert
Community Member

I'm continuing the conversation from this closed thread: Archiving: best practices?

Just to clarify, with both Family and Business, even though a user can have multiple vaults, all except the one called "Private" are potentially accessible by an administrator. You can't have more than one completely "Private" vault per user. Is my understanding correct?

If I don't wish to have an Archive vault in a Business or Family account for this reason, then what would you recommend? Enable vaults outside of 1Password.com in Advanced, and use a standalone vault for archived items?

1Password Version: 7.7-beta8
Extension Version: 7.8-beta8 (Safari)
OS Version: 10.15.6
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @IvanExpert!

You can't have more than one completely "Private" vault per user. Is my understanding correct?

That is correct :+1:

Enable vaults outside of 1Password.com in Advanced, and use a standalone vault for archived items?

That would be an option, yes.

• IvanExpert
    IvanExpert
    Community Member

Ok, thank you Ana.

If 1Password.com is intended to completely replace the need for new standalone vaults, as is often stated here, could I please request that in a future version, one or more of the following changes be made?

• a fully-private premade "Archive" vault be available to each user in Family/Business
    • more than one fully-private vault of the user's own naming be available to each user in Family/Business
    • a true "archive" or "hide" designation be offered for each entry, without requiring the use of an additional vault

I know that no guarantees can be made, but I'd appreciate if you would consider one or more of these. Without them, 1Password users in a business/family environment still need to rely on legacy standalone vaults if they do not wish to make their historical entries potentially visible to administrators.

Thank you,
    Ivan.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@IvanExpert:

I have added your feedback to the internal discussion we are having on this, as I can see this is a request our developers are aware of ;)

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#304

This discussion has been closed.